[cod4] mp_portal WIP

Have a jump map that we don't have on our site? Let us know!

Moderator: Core Staff

CX gamer
CJ Fan
CJ Fan

Re: [cod4] mp_portal WIP

Post by CX gamer » February 27th, 2010, 8:09 pm

Hoogie wrote:Looking good :D
Thanks... :)
R4d0xZz wrote:ahh i know !

a little outside area?
in portal is a "glitch" where you can go outside...

you can see trees and a street there ^^
Hmm not quite, but you're very close... :)
[SoE]_Zaitsev wrote:Like jump outside of the map ? :P
More like an elevator that gets your out of bounds, the player should think it's unintended. :)
Soviet wrote:Technically all servers on MW2 are dedicated servers because they're all dedicated to sucking :wink:

CX gamer
CJ Fan
CJ Fan

Post by CX gamer » February 27th, 2010, 8:19 pm

Okay guys, I'm updating my log early today, since I'm going to a party tonight (yay social life). I'm disappointed at the amount of work I could do, as this morning I had to do school stuff until 14:00... The only thing I should do tomorrow is writing a text as punishment for insulting the teacher's wife (care to hear it?). I'll do that while compiling so no time is lost... 8)

The only thing I could do today is some smoothing up and making the platforms apply to the laws of newton, along with removing some short-cuts... :)

Also note that there aren't any more lamps, I'm adding spots in the ceilings with decals, instead of models. I like the looks of it more. :)

Code: Select all

Total rooms: 8
Day: 8
Water: 14.5 liters
Apple juice: 4.5 liters
Life: 1
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Soviet wrote:Technically all servers on MW2 are dedicated servers because they're all dedicated to sucking :wink:

[SoE]_Zaitsev
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by [SoE]_Zaitsev » February 27th, 2010, 8:30 pm

Looking good. Nay for having a life though!

And yes do share it with us ;)

Also, school on Saturday ?
matt101harris wrote:big cock was the first thing that came to my head lol

TheJumper
CJ Worshipper
CJ Worshipper

Post by TheJumper » February 28th, 2010, 11:41 am

Looks good ;D
All is Possible ; TheJumper<3

CX gamer
CJ Fan
CJ Fan

Post by CX gamer » February 28th, 2010, 11:57 am

[SoE]_Zaitsev wrote:Looking good. Nay for having a life though!

And yes do share it with us ;)

Also, school on Saturday ?
Thanks... :)
Okay here goes;
teacher wrote:We'll have a test tomorrow, it's a small one
co-class clown wrote:That's what your wife always says to you
teacher wrote:It's a big one
me wrote:That's what your wife always says to me
:oops:

It wasn't school on Saturday, but rather a school excursion to a convention about what to do after -I think it's called- high school... :)
TheJumper wrote:Looks good ;D
Thanks... :oops:

Um, does anyone know how to make a bounce that boosts sideways? I've been experimenting with it for a while, but I can't find out how. :?

Innkeeper
CJ Spammer!
CJ Spammer!

Post by Innkeeper » February 28th, 2010, 7:29 pm

Do you mean where you hit the bounce you get thrown to the side? The way I've seen that done, is place a bounce up against a wall, and if a player hits the very top of that bounce they will get thrown to the side, usually to the right side. I'm not quite sure if that's what you want though.

CX gamer
CJ Fan
CJ Fan

Post by CX gamer » February 28th, 2010, 8:27 pm

Great! That seems to work. I'll make sure I fine-tune it for max speed. :D

CX gamer
CJ Fan
CJ Fan

Post by CX gamer » February 28th, 2010, 10:16 pm

Update time!... :D
I spent most of the day trying to figure out how to sidebounce/double bounce, but now Innkeeper helped me figure out how to sidebounce, so most of the my room has been removed to make place for the new and improved sidebounce :)
Is there a jumpmap that features this type of bounce already? Or am I -again- the first one? :D

Um, sorry for no screenshot, but it's only a few walls and a bounce right now, really nothing worth uploading. Also did some small updates to some previous rooms. :)
Oh, and I made a macro so I can now compile and play with one click. It uses bitmap-detection and perfect mouse control to ensure perfect timing. :D
I would give your guys the script, but it's REALLY user-unfriendly, if you want I could polish it up a day, but that means less work on the map.

Day: 9
Apple juice: 6 liters
Jump you later ;)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

WorldDomoNation
CJ Worshipper
CJ Worshipper

Post by WorldDomoNation » March 1st, 2010, 3:24 am

Haha nice going dude.

I believe I have already stated this, but I'm really starting to like this CX Gamer guy 8)
that's a nice pic and all, but out of all the pictures you could have taken why'd you take a picture of a plant? :P
-Soviet
Because plants have some really small details. If a plant comes out nice in a photo, you have yourself a good camera ;)
-Drofder 2004
Yes, but if boobs come out really well in a photo you have a picture of boobs :wink:
-Soviet
Discussing Marshall's new camera lol^

Quit Humping And Start Jumping!

Innkeeper
CJ Spammer!
CJ Spammer!

Post by Innkeeper » March 1st, 2010, 4:14 am

There are a couple of bounces in spacestation that propel you to the side, but I think alot more could be done with them, so I hope you push the boundary with these jumps :)

CX gamer
CJ Fan
CJ Fan

Post by CX gamer » March 1st, 2010, 5:17 pm

WorldDomoNation wrote:Haha nice going dude.

I believe I have already stated this, but I'm really starting to like this CX Gamer guy 8)
Haha, thanks... :oops:
Innkeeper wrote:There are a couple of bounces in spacestation that propel you to the side, but I think alot more could be done with them, so I hope you push the boundary with these jumps :)
Oh, now you mention it, that's that bounce after the crouch jump right? Should have known. :)

CX gamer
CJ Fan
CJ Fan

Post by CX gamer » March 1st, 2010, 10:39 pm

Log time! :D

As you know I've been experimenting with horizontal bounces, I've spent most of the day trying to perfect the mechanism. However, I still couldn't get it perfect.
I found that the slope of the bounce should be the same of a normal bounce, and that you need to hit the wall first and the bounce shortly after for the best effects. The way how I made it, as with about 25% success rate when you know how, I find it acceptable.
I've also been testing if the slope can be a bit farther away from a wall, but I couldn't get that to work. Weird, since I sidebounced on the unreleased mp_monkeys_home on the bounces in the third room, where there seems to be a little spacing.
If you do a normal bounce on the slope, you'll end up in a glass box, wondering where to go. On the other side of this box, the player who passed this room can see the text 'The noob box'. :) Just a little touch.

Day: 10
Apple juice: 7 liters
EDIT: Forgot to resize, images will be re-uploaded.
EDIT2: Done

Hoogie
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Hoogie » March 2nd, 2010, 11:39 pm

What do you mean exactly with a "side bounce"?
If im correct i can see by looking at the 2nd ss of your last post its a chain of bounces?
-=[[CoDJumper.com Movies]]=-
[[Ambush]] || [[Backlot]] || [[Bloc]] || [[Bog]] || [[Broadcast]] || [[Chinatown]] || [[Countdown]]
[[Crash]] || [[Creek]] || [[Crossfire]] || [[District]] || [[Downpour]] || [[Killhouse]] || [[Overgrown]]
[[Pipeline]] || [[Shipment & Wetwork]] || [[Showdown]] || [[Strike]] || [[Vacant]]

A woman can fake an orgasm, but a man can fake an entire relationship

CX gamer
CJ Fan
CJ Fan

Post by CX gamer » March 2nd, 2010, 11:55 pm

Sometimes, when you hit a bounce and a neighbouring wall at the same time, you'll be propelled sideways instead of up.
I couldn't get a chain of bounces to work, but I'm keeping a 'forward-backward' bounce in mind if I can get it to work. :)

CX gamer
CJ Fan
CJ Fan

Post by CX gamer » March 3rd, 2010, 12:01 am

Log;
Finished that previous room. I added slides to both sides (since you can't control the direction of which you bounce). You'll have to strafe to get up these - not jump. They're not very easy, but then again I'm not restraining people from using their RPG. But yet it provides a challenge for the pro's. :)

Experimented with \/-slides. You'll get farther when you strafe, as I thought.

Also to cut down compiling time, I removed all light effects and reflection probes. Also I think that the lighting problem I had a few days back, was because I had more then one reflection probe in a portal area (didn't add portals yet).
So I'll be using fullbright now instead. :)

Total rooms: 9
Day: 11
Apple juice: 9 liters