Mapz?

Have questions about CoD/UO mapping that aren't covered in the tutorials section? Post here!

Moderator: Core Staff

Luke
Past/Inactive Team Member

Post by Luke » September 16th, 2006, 2:01 pm

You're saying your Call of Duty folder is completely empty?
Watch this before posting a question: http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/posting.php

mAPZ..?

Post by Guest » September 16th, 2006, 2:36 pm

well it was completly empty but now only the uo folder is in it cause i put my map in it....and weni reinstall game in only has uo docs uo and its missing a file also so i cant play cod?

HavoC
CJ Fan
CJ Fan

Mapz..?

Post by HavoC » September 16th, 2006, 2:40 pm

and i also checked recycle bin.. nothing

Soviet
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Soviet » September 16th, 2006, 6:10 pm

thats really weird, there is no reason why it would do that...guess just reinstall cod if you havent already
ImageImageImage
"Zaitsev is a cunt." - Pedsdude

Mapz..?

Post by Guest » September 16th, 2006, 6:16 pm

hmm...ok well i re-installed it 4-5 times =\ :? ?

9mm
CJ Donator
CJ Donator

Re: Mapz..?

Post by 9mm » September 16th, 2006, 11:41 pm

HavoC wrote:if someone nos something bout this answer me asap plz because if no1 nos i have to buy new cod :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( .. i cant use cod radiant atm either
i dont think buying a new copy would help you

so you have completely reinstalled it all?

ever after u uninstall it from the menu make sure to delete(move to a different folder) all the files it leaves behind
if it still saves some sort of setting you could try to clear cod form ur registry but I only thought it stored your key and install path but I am not sure

also make sure to restart after uninstall and before install

other than that all i can really think of would be to just put all the files back on your own and not install the game?

Mapz..?

Post by Guest » September 17th, 2006, 3:04 am

ok,, ty very much.. btw is there anyway one of my m8's or my bro can send me there cod folder? xfire dont work,, i tried email anything else?

[SoE]_Zaitsev
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by [SoE]_Zaitsev » September 17th, 2006, 11:58 am

Anonymous wrote:ok,, ty very much.. btw is there anyway one of my m8's or my bro can send me there cod folder? xfire dont work,, i tried email anything else?
My CoDfolder is 3.56GB with a handfull of custom maps and handy mods. Forget it :roll:
matt101harris wrote:big cock was the first thing that came to my head lol

Mapz..?

Post by Guest » September 17th, 2006, 4:08 pm

ko bbut if i found some 1 hu would gve me there folder how cuould they give it to me?

Luke

Post by Luke » September 17th, 2006, 8:38 pm

They would just have to zip or rar the cod folder, so it becomes 1 file. Then it can be sent to you over xfire/msn ect. xfire is best as you can resume interrupted downloads. I would try all alternatives to reinstall first though.
Watch this before posting a question: http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/posting.php

9mm
CJ Donator
CJ Donator

Post by 9mm » September 18th, 2006, 3:06 am

I will do it tomorrow for you

Mapz..?

Post by Guest » September 18th, 2006, 3:20 am

wut u say 9mm?

teebag
CJ Spammer!
CJ Spammer!

Post by teebag » September 18th, 2006, 7:12 am

[SoE]_Zaitsev wrote:
Anonymous wrote:ok,, ty very much.. btw is there anyway one of my m8's or my bro can send me there cod folder? xfire dont work,, i tried email anything else?
My CoDfolder is 3.56GB with a handfull of custom maps and handy mods. Forget it :roll:
I once sent an entire game troughout MSN :P 900mb though, took me 2 hours.
That's why my brother's computer doesn't need anti-virus software; 450MHz P3 doesn't meet virus's system requirements.

Grom

Post by Grom » September 18th, 2006, 8:57 am

It really depends on the senders internet connection (upload speed), plus your connection..
Another solution (better): Get your friend onto a DC hub, and connect to him and download the folder from him. Or get him to set up a FTP-server :wink:

Drofder2004
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Drofder2004 » September 18th, 2006, 12:48 pm

Grom wrote:Get your friend onto a DC hub, and connect to him and download the folder from him. Or get him to set up a FTP-server :wink:
Done this with my mate, he could download from me at 300kb/s (his max speed at the time) but I could only download from him at 3kb/s (my max speed at the time was also 300kb/s)...

We could never explain it, because my max upload speed was max 40kb/s

Only explanation is distance and "routing". We are both on the same ISP and live close so I would imagine use the same servers...
Virgin Media 20Mb Broadband:
"Perfect for families going online at the same time, downloading movies, online gaming and more."
Borked internet since: 22-07-2010