Secret Box

Have questions about CoD/UO mapping that aren't covered in the tutorials section? Post here!

Moderator: Core Staff

Icarus156
CJ Wannabe
CJ Wannabe

Secret Box

Post by Icarus156 » February 2nd, 2008, 10:38 pm

Hi, all night i've been working on a simple map, It's nto very good just my first non-test map and I've put a secret box that can't be seen in the air that people I tell can find the entrance to. However, I've worked out clip lets all my Weapons through etc. However I don't want you to be able to see the box from the outside. I've tried putting Caulk on the outside face but that stops my weapons getting through :(

So any suggestions as to what texture i should use?

Fuzzmunch
CJ Wannabe
CJ Wannabe

Post by Fuzzmunch » February 21st, 2008, 1:06 am

maybe clip and caulk, but make the caulk non-collidable?

Nightmare
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Nightmare » February 21st, 2008, 2:15 am

Calm down KS, at least its not like it was 2 years old.

:P
Coding is Poetry. Mapping is Art.
"Cause im the sexiest mapper ever...except for nm, that sexy man" - Soviet

-=[CoDJumper.com Movies]=-
[Ambush] || [Backlot] || [Bloc] || [Bog] || [Broadcast] || [Chinatown] || [Countdown]
[Crash] || [Creek] || [Crossfire] || [District] || [Downpour] || [Killhouse] || [Overgrown]
[Pipeline] || [Shipment & Wetwork] || [Showdown] || [Strike] || [Vacant]

JDogg
Too cool for CoDJumper
Too cool for CoDJumper

Re:

Post by JDogg » February 21st, 2008, 10:02 am

KillerSam wrote:I just had the above idea (a defibrilator) in my head - and was waiting for a chance to post it ;)
HAHAHHAHHAHAAH. Well I thought it was funny :D.

Drofder2004
Core Staff
Core Staff

Re: Secret Box

Post by Drofder2004 » February 22nd, 2008, 12:39 am

[03:57] PeЧĐuĐe@CoDJumper.com: ross kemp, wank, then bed for me
I seriously need to come on MSN more often...
Virgin Media 20Mb Broadband:
"Perfect for families going online at the same time, downloading movies, online gaming and more."
Borked internet since: 22-07-2010

Pedsdude
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Pedsdude » February 22nd, 2008, 2:37 am

KillerSam wrote:lol Drof, I am sure peds won't mind me revealing that - we have a policy of saying 'No Quote' or 'This convo is not quotable from here on in' and well, the things that get said then, would make such awesome quotes. Its only when one of us forgets to say 'No Quote' that a good quote is used. We have some limits though, e.g there are somethings that are said, that would frankly just be unfair to quote - cus they are so open / honest.
Indeed, if we quoted everything then our conversations would become so boring!

Drofder2004
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Drofder2004 » February 22nd, 2008, 6:40 am

Pedsdude wrote:if we quoted everything then our conversations would become so boring!
surely if you 'quoted' everything then you would just be posting a log. And if your conversations would become boring, doesn't that really mean, the conversations are already boring?

And if I know my "laws" and loop-holes correctly KS, you do not have to directly quote a sentence during your "no quotes" section of conversations, you can describe the happenings and give hints and blatant clues to the contents without breaking your policy. :P

---

And on a second note, quoting an honest statement is the only way of getting a true laugh. Making a false statement and then quoting it, is just plain cheating. Your quotes in your sig have now lost all credibility, congratulations, you are currently no longer funny, :(
"Perfect for families going online at the same time, downloading movies, online gaming and more."

Pedsdude
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Pedsdude » February 22nd, 2008, 9:13 am

Drofder2004 wrote:
Pedsdude wrote:if we quoted everything then our conversations would become so boring!
surely if you 'quoted' everything then you would just be posting a log. And if your conversations would become boring, doesn't that really mean, the conversations are already boring?

And if I know my "laws" and loop-holes correctly KS, you do not have to directly quote a sentence during your "no quotes" section of conversations, you can describe the happenings and give hints and blatant clues to the contents without breaking your policy. :P

---

And on a second note, quoting an honest statement is the only way of getting a true laugh. Making a false statement and then quoting it, is just plain cheating. Your quotes in your sig have now lost all credibility, congratulations, you are currently no longer funny, :(
The conversations aren't currently boring. I don't mean that by quoting them they would be boring, I mean that if we knew that if ANYTHING remotely embarrising was quoted then are conversations would turn boring.

Once again, even if he describes the happenings, that enough would cause me to reduce my conversation embarrasment level.

And as for me being funny - I am funny, and that will never change. I have one quote in my sig anyway.

Drofder2004
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Drofder2004 » February 22nd, 2008, 7:38 pm

Pedsdude wrote:And as for me being funny - I am funny, and that will never change. I have one quote in my sig anyway.
Firstly, I was being a little facetious with the conversation comment, and to be fair your "quote" is, well, not very good.