Error- 1 sound file missing or in bad format

Have questions about CoD/UO mapping that aren't covered in the tutorials section? Post here!

Moderator: Core Staff

Tehdisciple
CJ Wannabe
CJ Wannabe

Error- 1 sound file missing or in bad format

Post by Tehdisciple » January 31st, 2008, 11:02 pm

Well, as some of you know (not much) i am working on a mario map from gameboy. I have the map done, and when i tried adding the music it came up with the error.. I made a sound file in that mario_lvl_1 folder in that mario_lvl_1_sound.wav I made another folder called soundaliases and put the csv in. I want the sound to be an ambient, is there a problem there? Here is the csv:

Code: Select all

,name,name of the alias that is used to play this sound (required)
,sequence,"used to uniquely identify alias entries when more than one sound goes to an alias, used only to catch unwanted duplicates (default = 0)"
,file,the name of the file that contains the sound data (required)
,vol_min,"0 is silent, 1 is full volume (default = 1)"
,vol_max,"0 is silent, 1 is full volume (default = same as vol_min)"
,pitch_min,"1 is normal playback, 2 is twice as fast, 0.5 is half as fast (default = 1)"
,pitch_max,"1 is normal playback, 2 is twice as fast, 0.5 is half as fast (default = same as pitch_min)"
,dist_min,"within this distance in inches, the sound is always full volume (default = 120)"
,dist_max,"outside this distance in inches, the sound is not started.  If left blank or set to 0, the sound will play from any distance.  This does not affect sound volume falloff."
,channel,"auto, menu, weapon, voice, item, body, local, music, announcer (default = auto)"
,type,streamed / loaded (default = loaded)
,probability,weight to use for the weighted probability of playing this sound instead of another sound (default = 1)
,loop,"whether this sound is ""looping"" or ""nonlooping"" (default = ""nonlooping"")"
,masterslave,"if ""master"", this is a master sound.  If a number, then this sound won't exceed this volume whenever any master sound is playing.  If blank, then neither master nor slave."
,loadspec,"space-separated list of which maps should use this alias; eg, ""burnville dawnville"".  If blank, the alias is used on all maps."

name,sequence,file,vol_min,vol_max,pitch_min,pitch_max,dist_min,dist_max,channel,type,probability,loop,masterslave,loadspec,subtitle

null,1,null.wav,,,,,,,,,,,,,

#Sounds,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
mario_lvl_1s,,mario_lvl_1/mario_lvl_1_sound.wav,1,1,,,5000,5000,auto,,,looping,,,
So if any1 can help that would be appreciated. thanks =D
Xfire:m00n1
" i just crashed paint -.-" - Disciple

YaNo
CJ Worshipper
CJ Worshipper

Post by YaNo » February 1st, 2008, 5:05 pm

I've seen screenshots from the mario map in your xfire screenshot thingy.
It's realy looking awesome. :D

Also, if you having the ambient, i think you can put it in sounds/ambient folder, and use wordspawn settings i think.