Chat area specifically for CoDJumper

Moderator: Core Staff

HellCat
CJ Wannabe
CJ Wannabe

Jump Mod Suggestions

Post by HellCat » April 15th, 2005, 11:33 am

Hi guys,

I'd really like some feedback on this one. Some of the stuff i'm posting may make jumping easier for you. So please read through before thinking this guys a nub and knows nothing ;D!? I've already had a quick chat to destiny about this. I've played Quake 2 Jump Mod for a long time now and anyone else that has will understand and know the system i'm referring to.

The Quake 2 version of jump works on a simple system. That should transfer to CoD and work just as easily.

First of all. A simple timing system be put in place. How long there is left on a map and also a timer which begins as soon as you start your run.

There would be two teams. An Easy team and a Hard team. There would be a standard player model (i.e. american, german or russian. Mod designers choice)

Basically the Easy team has the ability to store a current postion on the map and recall back to that postion, whenever they want. Each time you store a current postion, the last one disappears.

Hard team does not have the ability to store. If you fall and die or fall in a certain spot that is not capable of being reached without restarting, then the recall command would then return them to the start and restart the time. Only in hard, would your time be recorded. In this instance, you could have a top 10 scoreboard for each map.

Another thing with quake 2 jump is each player has a profile, that save's their map completions, times, name, admin level.

Quake 2 Jump has admin levels, which give you rights on a server such as noclip and higher things such as force voting, kicking rights, etc.... Since this isn't really as important yet, i'll leave it there and someone can contact me about them.

Also since most CoD jump maps end with someone dying, i suggest placing a mine at the end, that is always there and will always blow up, when pressure is applied (or mine field, or falling to death is fine).

If a mod was to be created, it wouldn't need to be a client mod. Clients should not need the mod, but the server will. Quake 2 jump, doesn't have a client mod, its a server side mod only.

If anyone supports or wishes to add more to this, then please do. If anyone is a modder and is willing to have a go at it, as i have no modding experice, please contact me for, for futher help.

I hope everyone gives though to this, as i think it could help. ;D!?