compiling problem

Have questions about CoD2 mapping that aren't covered in the tutorials section? Post here!

Moderator: Core Staff

Coontang
CJ G0D!
CJ G0D!

compiling problem

Post by Coontang » April 1st, 2007, 10:39 am

Hi, ive started my first ever jump map, mp_jjump. (for jimbojump :D)

Im having a problem compiling. So far ive got a room with a 235 jump in it. I cant seem to manage to get it to work. I created the map with a dm spawn point, and have tried several times to turn to iwd. I can make the iwd file, with the maps folder in it, but whenever i start cod2 console, it doesnt show my map. On the one occasion it did, It said couldnt find mp_jjump.d3dbsp .

Any help here?

(btw, i dont need any light for this, for the testing im going to use r_fullbright 1

Help meee

EDIT I GOT THE MAP TO WORK! THE FIRST JUMP I CAN DO IT! YAY! MY FIRST EVER COD 2 JUMP!

Still one problem

i need to use fullbriight to see in my map. How can i add a skybox?

my theme is this first little room opens up to a small garden type thing. From this you jump up stuff n....stuff :?
Last edited by Coontang on April 1st, 2007, 11:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
JDogg: 'I have a video of me pissing, wanna see?'

waywaaaard
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by waywaaaard » April 1st, 2007, 1:01 pm

Skybox - Tutorial:

1. make your map and then add the dm_spawn and global intermission (right click on grid menu and mp->global intermission)

(dont be irritated i've got here 2 global intermission and now spawn on the picture but you only need one global intermission a spawn is yellow ;-))

2. Now make a box around your entire map or that what should be in the skybox (with brushes or out of a box and use of the hollow tool)
You need 6 brushes sides

3. Now go to textures -> Usage -> sky choose one and add it to all the side of the box around your map

should look like that ; i dunno if it shows up a picture in your texture window i have only the names but you can apply and see the textures ;-)

4. Next deselect all (ESC) and hit N for the Entity-Window
Go down to the last entity worldspawn: you have to declare here the settings
Here are some of the wordspawn settings http://www.modsonline.com/Tutorials-read-296.html

5. Compile

Notes:

If you can't select sky brushes
be sure that this Image isnt clicked
THAT HANDS WERE NOT TRACED!
visit my blog: Link
Soviet wrote:Yeah, watch out, Peds will hit you with his +5 D-Battleaxe of homosexuality :roll: