Trigger_use_touch weird problem

Have questions about CoD2 mapping that aren't covered in the tutorials section? Post here!

Moderator: Core Staff

Luke
Past/Inactive Team Member
Past/Inactive Team Member

Trigger_use_touch weird problem

Post by Luke » February 19th, 2007, 9:03 pm

I've got an array of 16 triggers, each targeting doors, but when i spawn i find only 1 or 2 show the hand and work when you touch/press use on them, but the rest don't. The weird thing is that when i noclip through the door/triggers that don't work, they then start to work :? any idea why?
Watch this before posting a question: http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/posting.php

Gagarin
CJ Worshipper
CJ Worshipper

Post by Gagarin » February 19th, 2007, 11:01 pm

Hm, in my map i have about 10 doors and this bug. So i made two thing:

1. Used principle and script of doors, which using pierrambo in maps mp_commando and provence. hand icon shown, but not an all doors...
2. added cursorhint "hint_activated" to all triggers. Now, hand icon shown on all doors

Creep
CJ Worshipper
CJ Worshipper

Post by Creep » March 19th, 2007, 1:10 pm

I have this weird bug on one of my maps. But It was soo god for me :D Cause I use it as a key, if you open the door from the right side, then you can open it from the other too:D Before you open it from the right, you can'to pen it from the other:)

Buut I think if you make 2 triggers for door, 1 trigger to the door's one side, 1 trigger to the other side, and make the same script for the 2 triggers, only other targetnames :)