Removing Gap Records that are'nt done on a public server.

Chat area specifically for CoDJumper

Moderator: Core Staff

K3m
CJ Newbie
CJ Newbie

Removing Gap Records that are'nt done on a public server.

Post by K3m » August 29th, 2006, 1:34 pm

Well seeing as there is an upsurge in faking demo's these days, i propose that all demo's that arent made on a public server be removed and re-submitted using a public server. ( this includes all mine i think, but i know i can do them again so its np )

It detracts from the people who dont fake there gap records.

Be fun to see what people dont get back on the leader boards. :D
Last edited by K3m on August 29th, 2006, 2:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Soviet
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Soviet » August 29th, 2006, 2:16 pm

the problem with public servers is you can often be hindered by noobs, and your jumping capability can be lessened by your ping.
ImageImageImage
"Zaitsev is a cunt." - Pedsdude

Drofder2004
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Drofder2004 » August 29th, 2006, 2:44 pm

95% of demos are record on a private server.

if you find a demo that you feel is impossible, let us know.
Virgin Media 20Mb Broadband:
"Perfect for families going online at the same time, downloading movies, online gaming and more."
Borked internet since: 22-07-2010

K3m
CJ Newbie
CJ Newbie

Post by K3m » August 29th, 2006, 2:45 pm

Soviet wrote:the problem with public servers is you can often be hindered by noobs, and your jumping capability can be lessened by your ping.
Not really Soviet. The gap maps are big enough for people not to block each other. For example Ultra_gap_training even has sections so the good jumpers jump in Pro and the intermediates and noobs etc... so no-one blocking.

Cant say ive ever been blocked doing gaps.

As for ping affecting your jumps i have jumped just as far in 9mm Server and WFC jump server ( Both US ) as i have done in UK servers.

Personally i just think there needs to be clear criteria i.e MUST jump in a Public server for it to be posted on the site. Then there is no doubt as to faking it etc...

Otherwise the Records just become a bit pointless and the people who have put some time into getting a record get a little peeved with all the fakes.

K3m
CJ Newbie
CJ Newbie

Post by K3m » August 29th, 2006, 2:49 pm

Drofder2004 wrote:95% of demos are record on a private server.

if you find a demo that you feel is impossible, let us know.
It's just that its open for abuse the way it is atm.

Drofder2004
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Drofder2004 » August 29th, 2006, 2:51 pm

when you said all demos, we thought you meant jumps...

Now you are on about records.
the records will be given a new rule very similar to what has been said in this thread, when ready (soon)
Virgin Media 20Mb Broadband:
"Perfect for families going online at the same time, downloading movies, online gaming and more."
Borked internet since: 22-07-2010

K3m
CJ Newbie
CJ Newbie

Post by K3m » August 29th, 2006, 2:53 pm

Drofder2004 wrote:when you said all demos, we thought you meant jumps...

Now you are on about records.
the records will be given a new rule very similar to what has been said in this thread, when ready (soon)
Oops ye should have specified i meant gap records :oops:

EDIT* Edited the title of the thread to avoid confusion.

teebag
CJ Spammer!
CJ Spammer!

Post by teebag » August 29th, 2006, 3:01 pm

I made the 280 so many times, dont have it on demo though!!
That's why my brother's computer doesn't need anti-virus software; 450MHz P3 doesn't meet virus's system requirements.

Pedsdude
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Pedsdude » August 29th, 2006, 3:07 pm

What a shame ;)

I think it's a good idea about having gap records done on public servers, but they should be done on CoDJumper.com servers (as the person doing the jump may have rcon on some public servers). The only problem we encounter with this is that the only CoD servers we have are american, we have no UO servers, and our only CoD2 server is european, so there's always going to be a group affected by high pings.

As for blocking, I doubt that'll be a problem - the difficulty level of the jumps that will be attempted for the gap records page are higher than the skill level of most blockers (i.e. they will have spent so much time getting to that stage of jumping that they will respect someone else who is also at such a high stage).

teebag
CJ Spammer!
CJ Spammer!

Post by teebag » August 29th, 2006, 3:09 pm

My ping is 120 on the servers, I made 258 in COD1 once, I was online with another guy jumping right next to me (dont know his name) and ill keep it to that lol, the cool thing was, I made it the last 4 seconds. Hard to beleve but ye its treu :)
That's why my brother's computer doesn't need anti-virus software; 450MHz P3 doesn't meet virus's system requirements.

aicaramba
Past/Inactive Team Member

Post by aicaramba » August 29th, 2006, 3:31 pm

Ping doesnt affect the distance of ur jump very much... Luke did 265 with 150-200 ping, I made my personal cod1 record with that ping as well...
The new rule is bein discussed in codjumper team chat aswell.
P.S.V. Kampioen!

Louw
CJ G0D!
CJ G0D!

Post by Louw » August 29th, 2006, 4:50 pm

hmmm:( i wouldnt like it cous i need time for it to make far jumps and jumpservers dont have that time :( and i hate that jump mod on groms server :D so i dont tink its a good idee would cost me alot of time and i dont have the time for it:P

teebag
CJ Spammer!
CJ Spammer!

Post by teebag » August 29th, 2006, 5:13 pm

Louw, im sure they trust you, you made the 265 right? If you manage to get the 266, they will beleve you. Instead of die hard who cant get the 238 and a month later he makes 270 in one try ;)

Inetpub
CJ Newbie
CJ Newbie

Post by Inetpub » August 29th, 2006, 5:24 pm

K3m,

I fully agree that gap records should be done on public servers. My only grip about public servers are nades and fps. For some reason when there are only 4 people or less on my server, I can jump farther with 250 fps. I made 257 on 4 people in my server. with a full server I have a heck of a time making 255.

Inetpub

aicaramba

Post by aicaramba » August 29th, 2006, 5:25 pm

Sacrifices have to be made, dont be mad at us, be mad at the fakers. Who kinda force us to take these measures.
As for enough time on a jump server. When I try to do a record, it doesnt take one map. It takes a lot of times on the map when it is bein run on the server. Ive got my good days and my bad days. To make a record I need a good day and the luck to do a near perfect strafejump. Spend enough time on the jump server and ur very likely to do it again. Even if it takes months.
P.S.V. Kampioen!