Custom textures problem

Have questions about CoD/UO mapping that aren't covered in the tutorials section? Post here!

Moderator: Core Staff

Skorpiik
CJ Wannabe
CJ Wannabe

Custom textures problem

Post by Skorpiik » January 29th, 2015, 7:39 pm

Hello, i started making a new map. I wanted to use a custom texture so i put the texture in radiant and .iwi in .iwd file. I could see it in radiant but not in game. The weird thing is that when i compile reflections i can see the texture. If i tried any other custom texture that i made earlier i can see it. Please help. :)

Pun1sheR
CJ Wannabe
CJ Wannabe

Re: Custom textures problem

Post by Pun1sheR » June 24th, 2015, 2:37 pm

For the .iwd file, is your custom texture in a folder titled images? That's the only thing I can think of at the moment for why you can't see it. I use the same textures, because I only add ones I will use for multiple maps.

Skorpiik
CJ Wannabe
CJ Wannabe

Post by Skorpiik » July 8th, 2015, 10:52 pm

Pun1sheR wrote:For the .iwd file, is your custom texture in a folder titled images? That's the only thing I can think of at the moment for why you can't see it. I use the same textures, because I only add ones I will use for multiple maps.
Thanks for replying! Yeah it is in Images folder. I worked with custom textures while making mp_territory back then it they worked fine. Now it for some reason doesn't show up.

Xpayne
PC Team
PC Team

Post by Xpayne » July 10th, 2015, 12:51 pm

I'll take care of checking whether the music is royalty-free or not

Let's save this post.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Skorpiik
CJ Wannabe
CJ Wannabe

Post by Skorpiik » July 11th, 2015, 12:42 pm

I did all that. As i mentioned before in past i didn't have any problems with importing custom textures. Now the way i was always doing it just doesn't work. I even tried reinstalling radiant but that has not fixed it. Couldn't it be caused by updating to windows 8.1? That's the only possible reason thats would make sence to me.

Xpayne
PC Team
PC Team

Post by Xpayne » July 11th, 2015, 1:18 pm

Skorpiik wrote:
I did all that. As i mentioned before in past i didn't have any problems with importing custom textures. Now the way i was always doing it just doesn't work. I even tried reinstalling radiant but that has not fixed it. Couldn't it be caused by updating to windows 8.1? That's the only possible reason thats would make sence to me.
No, I don't believe switching OS may cause the problems like that.
I'll take care of checking whether the music is royalty-free or not

Let's save this post.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Skorpiik
CJ Wannabe
CJ Wannabe

Post by Skorpiik » August 10th, 2015, 3:13 pm

Problem fixed! In case someone had a same problem don't create the .iwd by yourself, just copy it from another map and rename it.