HELP?!!!?! OVER HALF MY MAP HAS BEEN DELETED?!

Have questions about CoD:WaW mapping that aren't covered in the tutorials section? Post here!

Moderator: Core Staff

GallifreyanGaming
CJ Wannabe
CJ Wannabe

HELP?!!!?! OVER HALF MY MAP HAS BEEN DELETED?!

Post by GallifreyanGaming » February 26th, 2014, 2:34 am

I have been coding and constructing a map for over three weeks now and I was continuing it today when I noticed that there was a color scheme bug on the outside floor textures. So I tried to put a light_grid_volume box around my map to try and fix it. I did so and went to click the hollow out button at the top. Apparently I pressed CSG subtract and noticing my mistake I clicked on the toggle to hollow out the box. I switched windows for a short while to come back to my radiant frozen. So I stopped the program in the Launcher's task manager and restarted it. I loaded the map file and now EVERYTHING is basically deleted except a few models and spawners. All my buildings are deleted and those probably took the longest. I have been modeling it after a few places I know of and wanted the detail to be exact. I freaked out and tried clicking CTRL-Z (undo) but to no avail. The map had already been saved and the undos don't work anymore. In retrospect, I hadn't compiled the map and still have the full map but I don't believe I can edit it anymore. I tried to see if I could load a backup save that Radiant usually creates but it didn't make one. Is there a way to edit an already compiled map without the map file? Or do I have to work with the map file that I have now with my entire map deleted?