Problems changing Worldspawn Lighting

Have questions about CoD4 mapping that aren't covered in the tutorials section? Post here!

Moderator: Core Staff

unreal2010
CJ Wannabe
CJ Wannabe

Problems changing Worldspawn Lighting

Post by unreal2010 » April 30th, 2013, 1:44 pm

Hi, I changed the SunDirection Value in my worldspawn settings to move the shadows around.. I'm not sure if this was the right thing to do because now there are no shadows any more, just the sunlight color is still the same. I changed the value back and recompiled but there are still no shadows. I have been using the stock worldspawn settings from Overgrown.

Any help would be appreciated! :lol:

unreal2010
CJ Wannabe
CJ Wannabe

Re: Problems changing Worldspawn Lighting

Post by unreal2010 » April 30th, 2013, 2:55 pm

Thanks for your reply, I have reflection probes set up and had a nice shadow effect until I changed the Value from
"sundirection" "-147 119 0" to
"sundirection" "-147 60 0"

then i lost all my shadows.. I returned the value to it's original and recompiled but the shadows are still gone! I have recompiled an older save (before i did any alteration to sundirection) and the lighting is fine again. my light compile settings are on extra and compile light is checked.
I checked cod4 graphics options and I have textures on extra and shadows on.

Drofder2004
Core Staff
Core Staff

Re: Problems changing Worldspawn Lighting

Post by Drofder2004 » April 30th, 2013, 9:12 pm

1. You should set pitch between 0 and -90 and then use roll to turn the sun in the correct direction. Although using -147 is valid, I recommend the standardised version

-147 60 0 == -33 240 0

2. Check you compile log for any errors, sometimes they do not show very clearly. A simple brush error can be a problem for lighting.
Virgin Media 20Mb Broadband:
"Perfect for families going online at the same time, downloading movies, online gaming and more."
Borked internet since: 22-07-2010