fre4kZ
CJ Fan
CJ Fan

Re: Recommend some TV series for me!

Post by fre4kZ » April 20th, 2013, 6:35 pm

KillerSam wrote:
F |Madness| U wrote:
Prison Break
Just started watching this again, continuing on from Season 3 episode 1 where I got up to before, definitely forgot how good the show is. Thanks for all the other recommendations as well I'll be sure to check out as many as I can!
I watched them all again (my 4th viewing) about 2 months back. Good series.

Prison Break has the best cliffhangers at the end of the episodes in my opinion.

fre4kZ
CJ Fan
CJ Fan

Post by fre4kZ » April 20th, 2013, 6:58 pm

KillerSam wrote:
fre4kZ wrote:Prison Break has the best cliffhangers at the end of the episodes in my opinion.
It's a great show but I think if you are looking at overall quality, Breaking Bad and Dexter beat it. Dexter is marginally better because it feels slightly less like they are just stringing along each week. Breaking Bad is considerably better because it's the first series like it where they don't rely on cliff hangers to get you to watch. The pace is much slower and it's not "live or die" each episode. They also spend more time on character development so when a character is in jepordy, you care more for them. It's not as dumbed down as Prison Break either, for example you are required to work out for yourself characters motives and feelings rather than beeing spoon fed each twist and turn.
Yes, i know Dexter and BrBad are better, i just meant that Prison Break had the best cliffhanger management over all the series i have watched. It doesn't mean it's the best (on my "list", its not even top 5), just the feeling you get when you watch an exciting cliffhanger and you want to see the solution immediately, is the most intense in PB.

Top 5 series for me (not in order, cause i would rather not compare them) : Dexter, Breaking Bad, The Walking Dead, American Horrror Story, Person of Interest

bigbabol
CJ Newbie
CJ Newbie

Post by bigbabol » April 20th, 2013, 7:46 pm

i'm watching right now PS, but for me, lost's cliffhangers are ten times better.

[SoE]_Zaitsev
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by [SoE]_Zaitsev » April 20th, 2013, 9:12 pm

Lost was excellent, except the final season ofcourse.

Prison Break dragged on for way too long, but S1 was incredible. And the characters were pretty good.
matt101harris wrote:big cock was the first thing that came to my head lol

F |Madness| U
CJ G0D!
CJ G0D!

Post by F |Madness| U » April 22nd, 2013, 6:58 pm

Been going through some of the shows now, some awesome ones listed.

Another one which I recently stumbled upon is a show called Go On, starring Matthew Perry, kind of a light-hearted comedy I guess, which I'm rather liking at the moment since I hate having to wait so long between new How I Met Your Mother episodes.
-

Hoogie
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Hoogie » April 23rd, 2013, 9:56 pm

New Girl is also pretty good if you are looking for a comedy.
-=[[CoDJumper.com Movies]]=-
[[Ambush]] || [[Backlot]] || [[Bloc]] || [[Bog]] || [[Broadcast]] || [[Chinatown]] || [[Countdown]]
[[Crash]] || [[Creek]] || [[Crossfire]] || [[District]] || [[Downpour]] || [[Killhouse]] || [[Overgrown]]
[[Pipeline]] || [[Shipment & Wetwork]] || [[Showdown]] || [[Strike]] || [[Vacant]]

A woman can fake an orgasm, but a man can fake an entire relationship