rank you difficult maps

General chat area for anything whatsoever

Moderator: Core Staff

fre4kZ
CJ Fan
CJ Fan

Re: rank you difficult maps

Post by fre4kZ » March 31st, 2013, 11:46 pm

Vartazian wrote:Thought Id make yet another update to this list, since I have played some pretty hard maps recently...

TOP 35 HARDEST *UPDATED*

EXTREME

1 mp_dark_v3 <-----------------------CURRENTLY THE HARDEST MAP released as of October 24th, 2012
2 mp_colour
3 mp_futile
4 mp_awe (advanced) (unfinished)
5 mp_monster
6 mp_dependence
7 mp_nightmare
8 mp_mystic_v2
9 mp_styx_jump
10 mp_three (unfinished)
11 mp_nightmare_v2 (unfinished)
12 mp_awe (hard) (unfinished)
13 mp_mystic
14 mp_dark <------------------------------------------------------------------- Hardest map as of Jan 4, 2012

Mp_dependence should go 1 bracket lower to "advanced", i've been testing that map since its earliest betas, and i can say, it shouldnt be here. It applies to mp_styx_jump and nightmare_v2 aswell. Also, mp_monster is only hard for the first time you play, when u get to know how to do the puzzles, the map becomes much easier. Haven't played awe and futile, i'll test awe,when i have time, but i don't rly like the transparency in futile, and i have no desire to play it. Mystic2 and nightmare should jump up to 5th and 6th.

This is a quite accurate list besides these, nice post !

Vartazian
CJ Worshipper
CJ Worshipper

Post by Vartazian » April 1st, 2013, 12:54 am

Mp_dependence should go 1 bracket lower to "advanced", i've been testing that map since its earliest betas, and i can say, it shouldnt be here. It applies to mp_styx_jump and nightmare_v2 aswell. Also, mp_monster is only hard for the first time you play, when u get to know how to do the puzzles, the map becomes much easier. Haven't played awe and futile, i'll test awe,when i have time, but i don't rly like the transparency in futile, and i have no desire to play it. Mystic2 and nightmare should jump up to 5th and 6th.
Mp_dependence is harder than mp_dark defo.. And it has 1 or bounces which are harder than any on nightmare.. which is why i rated it harder. Monster is still hard even if you know how.. the spiked ladder is just ridiculous.. I have yet to see anyone besides paragon do that puzzle even knowing how to do it.. Nightmare_v2 again.. has bounces much harder than mp_dark and styx_jump is all perfect rpgs making it harder than dark etc...But I I agree with mystic_v2. I'll switch that one

fre4kZ
CJ Fan
CJ Fan

Post by fre4kZ » April 1st, 2013, 1:07 am

Vartazian wrote:

Mp_dependence is harder than mp_dark defo.. And it has 1 or bounces which are harder than any on nightmare.. which is why i rated it harder. Monster is still hard even if you know how.. the spiked ladder is just ridiculous.. I have yet to see anyone besides paragon do that puzzle even knowing how to do it.. Nightmare_v2 again.. has bounces much harder than mp_dark and styx_jump is all perfect rpgs making it harder than dark etc...But I I agree with mystic_v2. I'll switch that one
Maybe you are right, but I'm 100% percent sure that mp_mystic is harder than dependence. It has much more complicated and harder bounces. The perfect rpgs on dependence are not big deal anymore ( i mean perfect rpgs in general).

[SoE]_Zaitsev
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by [SoE]_Zaitsev » April 1st, 2013, 11:21 am

Hoogie wrote:Never have and never will understand this 'competition' about making the hardest map. Platform to platform maps can be very hard but i rather see a well designed map, variation of jumps, tested on bottlenecks, etc.

I wouldn't enjoy playing a map where i would spend 10 minutes on a single jump anyway. In my opinion the quality of maps is only decreasing with this 'trend'.
Why are there harder difficulties on most games? Because people like the challenge. Same applies here. Personally I enjoy more difficult but good looking maps, but if some people like the hardest jump maps, then who're you to judge? I play all FPS on hardest difficulty too (Aslong as it has checkpoint saves).
matt101harris wrote:big cock was the first thing that came to my head lol

Hoogie
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Hoogie » April 1st, 2013, 12:56 pm

[SoE]_Zaitsev wrote:
Hoogie wrote:Never have and never will understand this 'competition' about making the hardest map. Platform to platform maps can be very hard but i rather see a well designed map, variation of jumps, tested on bottlenecks, etc.

I wouldn't enjoy playing a map where i would spend 10 minutes on a single jump anyway. In my opinion the quality of maps is only decreasing with this 'trend'.
Why are there harder difficulties on most games? Because people like the challenge. Same applies here. Personally I enjoy more difficult but good looking maps, but if some people like the hardest jump maps, then who're you to judge? I play all FPS on hardest difficulty too (Aslong as it has checkpoint saves).
Vartazian wrote:I have yet to see anyone besides paragon do that puzzle even knowing how to do it..
This obviously goes further than the average 'veteran' mode on a FPS game. But the point i was trying to make is that map makers spend 90% of their time on making the jumps as hard as possible and 10% on the design of the actual map.
-=[[CoDJumper.com Movies]]=-
[[Ambush]] || [[Backlot]] || [[Bloc]] || [[Bog]] || [[Broadcast]] || [[Chinatown]] || [[Countdown]]
[[Crash]] || [[Creek]] || [[Crossfire]] || [[District]] || [[Downpour]] || [[Killhouse]] || [[Overgrown]]
[[Pipeline]] || [[Shipment & Wetwork]] || [[Showdown]] || [[Strike]] || [[Vacant]]

A woman can fake an orgasm, but a man can fake an entire relationship

Drofder2004
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Drofder2004 » April 1st, 2013, 2:20 pm

Hoogie wrote:But the point i was trying to make is that map makers spend 90% of their time on making the jumps as hard as possible and 10% on the design of the actual map.
Its easier to move a block a few units than it is to make that block look nice.
Virgin Media 20Mb Broadband:
"Perfect for families going online at the same time, downloading movies, online gaming and more."
Borked internet since: 22-07-2010