Improving The Standard of The Cod Jumper Youtube Channel

General chat area for anything whatsoever

Moderator: Core Staff

[SoE]_Zaitsev
Core Staff
Core Staff

Re: Improving The Standard of The Cod Jumper Youtube Channel

Post by [SoE]_Zaitsev » October 21st, 2012, 1:36 pm

Exceptions can be made, and sometimes they will.
matt101harris wrote:big cock was the first thing that came to my head lol

fre4kZ
CJ Fan
CJ Fan

Post by fre4kZ » October 24th, 2012, 3:10 pm

Hoogie wrote: Ironically, before the new system the videos were judged by one person and if there was some serious doubt, other opinions were asked.
With the new system there are 4 or 5 votes before a video gets approved or declined which only improves the overall quality of the videos we upload.

And the 'rules' are guidelines. I vote on every video myself and if you would ask me to quote the rules, i wouldn't get half of them right.

In my opinion the old system was better (PM Peds or KS), cause they could handle the decisions much easier, the publicity couldnt see if a video either waiting for approval or uploading or whatever, so they could just say what not to do and why x,y is not good, it was handled much more freely than now. This new system cause that vids can pass really easy to be upload or not, which causes CoDJumper youtube channel loses its views/likes rate. Of course you can say codjumping in general is losing its popularity, but thats not that drastical ( From 7k average views -> 2k average views). This is my opinion, i don't want to be offensive or anything, i just have to write down these, cause your youtube channel was "The Cj Channel" where i could found epic vids with epic jumps, now it has too many basic stuff, what the majority of the codjumpers already know/seen many times or they can do em easily.

Drofder2004
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Drofder2004 » October 24th, 2012, 9:08 pm

fre4kZ wrote:( From 7k average views -> 2k average views)
This is not an issue based on quality alone, this is an issue based on preference (& time), advertisement, saturation and poor/unused protocols.

I will not go deep into each but:
Preference (& Time): For example, walkthrough videos receive less views than Stock maps.
A full analysis of what 'sells' is something I do not have the time to commit or resources (no stats on some videos), one word though I can assure you sells well is "ProMod". In regards to time, it has two factors. Firstly, as time goes on, view counts increase and secondly, as time goes on, more people lose interest in CoD4 all round.

Advertisement: We do not promote our video uploads outside of this forum and possibly Facebook & Twitter.

Saturation: More movies per month = less views per video. If I post 4 movies a month, you will likely watch them all (allowing you 1 week of free time to watch). However, if I post 8 movies, you know only have 3-4 days to find time (and if you are subscribed to multiple channels, you will only watch what you are interested in).

Protocols: When a video request is logged, the thread is made 'text-based'. This is to stop the thread becoming a video viewing forum and keeps to the topic of upload requests. When a video is approved and uploaded the thread is supposed to be updated with the "YoutubeBig" tag to display it in a larger format - the link used is supposed to be the newly uploaded link, however I have seen cases where the original link is used. This means although we are showing the video, we are gaining no benefits to having uploaded it. A second problem with the current method is one I would have done differently - requests should NOT be made a public event, when a video is approved and uploaded, the video should be shown in a public forum.

On a more postive note that people do not see:
We average [over last 30 days]:
~ 9 Subs per day
~ 2300 video views per day
Virgin Media 20Mb Broadband:
"Perfect for families going online at the same time, downloading movies, online gaming and more."
Borked internet since: 22-07-2010

fre4kZ
CJ Fan
CJ Fan

Post by fre4kZ » October 24th, 2012, 9:30 pm

Drofder2004 wrote:
fre4kZ wrote:( From 7k average views -> 2k average views)
This is not an issue based on quality alone, this is an issue based on preference (& time), advertisement, saturation and poor/unused protocols.

I will not go deep into each but:
Preference (& Time): For example, walkthrough videos receive less views than Stock maps.
A full analysis of what 'sells' is something I do not have the time to commit or resources (no stats on some videos), one word though I can assure you sells well is "ProMod". In regards to time, it has two factors. Firstly, as time goes on, view counts increase and secondly, as time goes on, more people lose interest in CoD4 all round.

Advertisement: We do not promote our video uploads outside of this forum and possibly Facebook & Twitter.

Saturation: More movies per month = less views per video. If I post 4 movies a month, you will likely watch them all (allowing you 1 week of free time to watch). However, if I post 8 movies, you know only have 3-4 days to find time (and if you are subscribed to multiple channels, you will only watch what you are interested in).

Protocols: When a video request is logged, the thread is made 'text-based'. This is to stop the thread becoming a video viewing forum and keeps to the topic of upload requests. When a video is approved and uploaded the thread is supposed to be updated with the "YoutubeBig" tag to display it in a larger format - the link used is supposed to be the newly uploaded link, however I have seen cases where the original link is used. This means although we are showing the video, we are gaining no benefits to having uploaded it. A second problem with the current method is one I would have done differently - requests should NOT be made a public event, when a video is approved and uploaded, the video should be shown in a public forum.

On a more postive note that people do not see:
We average [over last 30 days]:
~ 9 Subs per day
~ 2300 video views per day

Yes, you pointed out some of my thoughts which i havent written down like: CoDJumper could upload less videos and choose the best ones, this might keep up the views/ likes bit. Another thought is that the requests shouldnt be public, so it could be identical to the prev. system, just more judges to make the decision. I still think the quality of the performance matters though.