How to remove certain objects from a map?

General chat area for anything whatsoever

Moderator: Core Staff

nsus
CJ Wannabe
CJ Wannabe
Gamertag: shit
PSN ID: shit

How to remove certain objects from a map?

Post by nsus » September 25th, 2012, 5:18 pm

Hey guys, I know there is a way to make a mod that deletes certain objects in any cod4 map. For example, you can remove the strike stature, or the crossfire bus (for example). I was wondering if anyone is willing to share this?

x0ozero0x
PS3 Team
PS3 Team
PSN ID: x0ozero0x

Re: How to remove certain objects from a map?

Post by x0ozero0x » September 25th, 2012, 5:27 pm

I'm not sure you can actually is there like a "forge mode" mod? The only ways I can think of are recreating (editing) the map in radiant or if it's for video use then create it in a 3D modelling program or find a way to port the map files into a version that the program can read and remove what you want.

nsus
CJ Wannabe
CJ Wannabe
Gamertag: shit
PSN ID: shit

Post by nsus » September 25th, 2012, 5:34 pm

I am 100% there is a way to take out certain models out. People who know it say its "secret" and will not release a way. :(

Drofder2004
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Drofder2004 » September 25th, 2012, 11:55 pm

You cannot remove models from a map without somehow editing the compiled map. If the model is scripted (such as bomb locations) then it can be removed.

the only other method I have seen is rendering the map into a 3D model and deleting things using a 3D editor

edit: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tfjVHgroUkM
Virgin Media 20Mb Broadband:
"Perfect for families going online at the same time, downloading movies, online gaming and more."
Borked internet since: 22-07-2010

F |Madness| U
CJ G0D!
CJ G0D!

Post by F |Madness| U » September 26th, 2012, 1:24 pm

I have seen a video of a mod on Black Ops (therefore it couldn't be the map edited in anyway) where a person was able to point at objects and move then, however the objects I remember seemed to be destructible cars, not sure if that makes any difference. It definitely looked like a legit mod, if not it was some insane editing or something. If I find a link i'll post it later.

Code: Select all

pickup()
 {
     self endon( "disconnect" );
     for( ;; )
     {
         if(self fragButtonPressed())
         {
             trace = bullettrace(self gettagorigin("j_head"),self gettagorigin("j_head")+anglestoforward(self getplayerangles())*1000000,true,self);
             while( self fragbuttonpressed() )
             {
                 trace["entity"] setorigin(self gettagorigin("j_head")+anglestoforward(self getplayerangles())*200);
                 trace["entity"].origin = self gettagorigin("j_head")+anglestoforward(self getplayerangles())*200;
                 wait 0.05;
             }
         }
         wait .05;
     }
 }
Not sure if it works on CoD4 or not but theres function that does it, credits to slipknot from ItsMods.

Just realised you were wanting to take models out of map, but pretty much can with this by simply moving them. What I found very surprising is that they keep there collision even when moved, and If this does work on CoD4 i'm very surprised it hasn't been heavily used in mods.
-

Drofder2004
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Drofder2004 » September 26th, 2012, 7:27 pm

The model is a script object (like an objective bombsite) so it can be easily manipulated by script.
Virgin Media 20Mb Broadband:
"Perfect for families going online at the same time, downloading movies, online gaming and more."
Borked internet since: 22-07-2010

rotceh_dnih
CJ Wannabe
CJ Wannabe

Post by rotceh_dnih » October 21st, 2012, 5:41 am

hey guys im a blackops modder and i had this question ask of me the other week "other then script models ofcorce" and the best way's i could think off are as follows

1. get all textures for said models and make them transparent reconvert to iwi.

2. export a transparent model ie "viewmodel_hands_no_model" or make a simple transparent box in maya its not that hard and convert using assman, make a few copys and rename them to the model name you with to replace.

not to hard at all :)

F |Madness| U
CJ G0D!
CJ G0D!

Post by F |Madness| U » October 21st, 2012, 12:29 pm

rotceh_dnih wrote:hey guys im a blackops modder and i had this question ask of me the other week "other then script models ofcorce" and the best way's i could think off are as follows

1. get all textures for said models and make them transparent reconvert to iwi.

2. export a transparent model ie "viewmodel_hands_no_model" or make a simple transparent box in maya its not that hard and convert using assman, make a few copys and rename them to the model name you with to replace.

not to hard at all :)
Welcome to the forums, I recognise you from ItsMods :P These solutions would work for objects that arn't reachable, but any objects in the map they would be invisible but still have the actual model there, so you would be colliding with invisible models :S
-

rotceh_dnih
CJ Wannabe
CJ Wannabe

Post by rotceh_dnih » October 21st, 2012, 3:15 pm

xD thanks man happy to be here and i see there's a few fellow aussies here so even better :p, i didn't think about that and your right the colmaps for the models will very likely still be there i bet you could hexedit out them out from the maps ff but man that would suck if you had lots todo , i'll ask some friends if they can think of a way that's not to painful but it might be a lost cause , ohwell my solution will work for demo files witch is why i was asked this question awhile ago . maybe the only way is if someone updates the cod2 bsp decompiler to work for cod4/5 :0