Forum for all kinds of CoD4 jumps.

Moderator: Core Staff

rubens116
CJ Wannabe
CJ Wannabe

ProMod Elevators

Post by rubens116 » May 22nd, 2012, 7:49 am

Hey everyone!

First of all, I'm sorry for my inactivity at the forums lately..
I'm in an exam period at the moment.. I'll promise to be more active in the future!

The topic subject, ProMod Elevators has been interesting to me pretty much lately.
I'm not so good jumper even though it really really interests me.
It's just great to have the ability to do things other people can't since they didn't know about it or were never really interested in it.
It would be AMAZING if there is any possibility to get help (APART FROM THE VIDEOS) in-game and a bit of support by someone who would like to help me in it.

Yesterday I was looking at TEK9 forums and there was a topic about Call of Duty 4 Elevators.
Right at that moment I was just about to start a new movie showing most elevators at ProMod.

At TEK9 there was said it is actually forbidden to do elevators at Punkbuster enabled/ProMod servers.
Now I was wondering... Is it really forbidden or is it fine if I want to make a new movie about a ProMod elevator showcase?
Last but not least.. If am able to make this movie, is there any possibility to start the video with an CoDJumper video (I guess NOT), just to advertise this community and try to make it more popular - instead of advertising my own name, about which I don't really care ALOT.

Please help me.

Regards,
Ruben.

Nekoneko
CJ Fan
CJ Fan

Re: ProMod Elevators

Post by Nekoneko » May 22nd, 2012, 7:52 am

elevators are lame/easy
youre on codjumper, learn to jump and show some nice public bounces or so.
But if you do decide to make a video, it might be forbidden, but an admin would have to kick you, it's impossible for pb to detect if someone is doing an elevator.

Sonic
PC Team
PC Team

Post by Sonic » May 22nd, 2012, 9:46 pm

rubens116 wrote: At TEK9 there was said it is actually forbidden to do elevators at Punkbuster enabled/ProMod servers.
Now I was wondering... Is it really forbidden or is it fine if I want to make a new movie about a ProMod elevator showcase?
Elevators are not forbidden by punkbuster, although, the server admin(s) nor the actual players may decide to votekick as elevating in a promod server is not something which is really appreciated.

When it comes to competitive promod, as in leagues/cups/ladders etc.
Then yes, it is forbidden.

As for the promod elevator showcase, I'd say don't waste your time on that.
I personally think it's not something that special and worth all the effort.

Feel free to do so if you think otherwise though, just pointing out my opinion. :wink:

Pedsdude
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Pedsdude » May 23rd, 2012, 6:58 pm

My thoughts are pretty similar to Sonic's and neko's thoughts...

Elevators themselves aren't 'forbidden' by Punkbuster. You can't get PB banned for doing an elevator. It's entirely down to server admins being annoyed with people doing it, as it is effectively an exploit. Yes, it does require a certain level of skill / time / patience to be able to do it, but not in the same way as jumping.

If you were to make a video, I wouldn't label it as a "promod elevators" video, unless you're willing to battle against the wall of hate you'd be likely to get from most, if not all of the promod community. As Sonic says, if you do it in leagues, cups etc., you'd be disqualified. The only time you can 'get away with it', so to speak, is in public promod servers where an admin isn't present or bothered, or a mix.

With regard to adding a CoDJumper.com clip at the start, I wouldn't mind at all. We've even got an elevator tutorial video on our YouTube channel, so although elevators are frowned upon by some people, we are supportive of it to a certain extent. And as the saying goes, any publicity is good publicity! At the very least it would get more people aware of the website, and potentially more active, helpful members of the community, who may have originally visited the community due to an elevator video, but are ultimately interested in the more general idea of CoDJumping as a whole.

That's my views... let the elevator haters/lovers battle it out!

rubens116
CJ Wannabe
CJ Wannabe

Post by rubens116 » May 25th, 2012, 6:12 pm

I understand all of your views to the idea, thanks for the feedback.
I'm really not sure what to do with it, I aint that "professional" at jumping nor elevators, but this is just what keeps me entertaining Call of Duty 4, but most importantly: It keeps me playing the game.
Apart from all exploits/glitches in the game, it's a great game aswell - but it wouldn't keep me playing it for ages.

Besides, I just wanted to promote the CoDJumper Community a bit (with good meanings) since I really enjoy jumping, though I'm still at a low level of it, sadly.
My fears is probably my goal (to be member of CoDJumper or atleast reach competitive gaming) wouldn't be reached.
Mainly caused by my low self-esteem and in my less amount trust "if it'll be allright".

Last but not least, my computer is absolutely not a beast.
I am not able to edit big projects and even at the smallest frame my PC will be lagging.
Money for a better PC is not available so far, so I gotta life with it.
I'm trying to explain with this: I am not sure that IF I would make a video it would be lagging..

I've got no clue at all what to do with this all..

rubens116
CJ Wannabe
CJ Wannabe

Post by rubens116 » May 26th, 2012, 8:38 am

KillerSam wrote:Just do what you enjoy is my advice 8) If you want to make an elevator video, make an elevator video.
Well I wouldn't enjoy all negative and hate comments to it, if it would happen.

matt101harris
PC Team
PC Team

Post by matt101harris » May 26th, 2012, 9:40 am

DO AS YOU PLEASE!!!!!!!! :). A lot of people like elevators so im sure they will enjoy the video. Just make it and see what happens.
PeЧĐuĐe@CoDJumper.com: put your cock away, you sick man
Matty@CoDJumper.com: hahaha
PeЧĐuĐe@CoDJumper.com: (while i whip mine out)
Matty@CoDJumper.com: lol
PeЧĐuĐe@CoDJumper.com: just kidding
PeЧĐuĐe@CoDJumper.com: ... i don't have one :(

[SoE]_Zaitsev
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by [SoE]_Zaitsev » May 26th, 2012, 11:25 am

I only like elevators which gets you to places otherwise impossible.
matt101harris wrote:big cock was the first thing that came to my head lol