avi demo problem

Have a question you need to ask? Need help? Ask here!

Moderator: Core Staff

joethecouch1
CJ Fan
CJ Fan

avi demo problem

Post by joethecouch1 » April 13th, 2012, 1:16 am

im sick and tired of gamecam so i decided to just use avi demo. I know what to do, how to do the rendering ect. but after i am done making it into an avi file, i try and open it but i get an error saying windows is still searching for the file. Even if i manually browse for it and find it i get the same error. And it is very laggy in windows movie maker. not slow motion but skipping and laggy. :?

Why do people point to their wrists when asking for the time, but don't point to their crotch when they ask where the bathroom is?

Hoogie
Core Staff
Core Staff

Re: avi demo problem

Post by Hoogie » April 13th, 2012, 2:10 pm

The lagging is because the .avi file is huge and it has problems with playing it smoothly. This will sort after u edited and rendered it. Don't know about the file missing thing.
-=[[CoDJumper.com Movies]]=-
[[Ambush]] || [[Backlot]] || [[Bloc]] || [[Bog]] || [[Broadcast]] || [[Chinatown]] || [[Countdown]]
[[Crash]] || [[Creek]] || [[Crossfire]] || [[District]] || [[Downpour]] || [[Killhouse]] || [[Overgrown]]
[[Pipeline]] || [[Shipment & Wetwork]] || [[Showdown]] || [[Strike]] || [[Vacant]]

A woman can fake an orgasm, but a man can fake an entire relationship

Pedsdude
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Pedsdude » April 14th, 2012, 3:57 pm

The lag could be as a result of your computer not being fast enough to record avidemo at a certain rate. Try slowing the timescale of the demo down, and reducing the avidemo count.

For example, instead of:
cl_avidemo 200, timescale 1
do:
cl_avidemo 100, timescale 0.5
or:
cl_avidemo 50, timescale 0.25

etc. etc.

Personally, I just use FRAPS. It's so much easier and the quality is good enough unless you're looking at ridiculously high-quality video and editing (e.g. Mazarini type stuff).

Sonic
PC Team
PC Team

Post by Sonic » April 14th, 2012, 4:14 pm

The lagging bit is what Hoogie said.

Just happens because it's in a movie/video editting program and so it won't run smoothly yet but this sorts once you rendered it.

joethecouch1
CJ Fan
CJ Fan

Post by joethecouch1 » April 14th, 2012, 9:52 pm

@peds, my comp is really bad so i cant record with fraps and get more than like 10 fps. If i record with timescale at 0.2 would this fix it?

Why do people point to their wrists when asking for the time, but don't point to their crotch when they ask where the bathroom is?

Pedsdude
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Pedsdude » April 15th, 2012, 6:46 pm

If you lower the rate at which you record (i.e. avidemo or FRAPS), then it'll be much easier on your PC and there will be less 'lag'. Timescale has little/no effect on computer processing. So basically you'll want to lower the timescale AND lower the recording rate. If your computer is "really bad" as you suggest then it may be a lost cause, tbh.

joethecouch1
CJ Fan
CJ Fan

Post by joethecouch1 » April 15th, 2012, 8:23 pm

well, my computer is really bad but it cant run the game with regular settings. But i dont know what you consider a bad computer :/