New map mp_vertigo

Have a jump map that we don't have on our site? Let us know!

Moderator: Core Staff

Vartazian
CJ Worshipper
CJ Worshipper

Re: New map mp_vertigo

Post by Vartazian » October 16th, 2011, 10:59 am

how about you test the new link out. i had Rich test it out, and he said that there was nothing wrong with the map, but only if you have mp_Wireframe_r4.iwd in the same mod, it uses the ak47 xmodel and then causes this map to search for the same model which doesnt exist in the file. I deleted all aks and usps from the map and rich tested it and it works fine now. If you get any errors, then delete the wireframe_r4.iwd and then test again. it works.

nikoshalk
CJ Wannabe
CJ Wannabe
Gamertag: -
PSN ID: -

Post by nikoshalk » October 17th, 2011, 11:52 am

Lol vart :shock: Good job with making that map m8. It is quite impossible for me though xD. I only could manage and finish in OS xD

Pedsdude
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Pedsdude » October 17th, 2011, 6:46 pm

Downloading now.

Edit: OK, appears to run fine. I've re-added it to the website and server #1 now. I've put the author name down as "Vartazian" - I couldn't remember exactly how you had it before (e.g. "-=Vartazian=-" or whatever), so let me know if you want it changing or a description adding.

Vartazian
CJ Worshipper
CJ Worshipper

Post by Vartazian » October 18th, 2011, 4:13 am

Ah. Yes if you could change the description and author that would be appreciated ^^ its:=.VaRtaZiaN.=

And thank you for reposting it on site and puting on cj 1 :D

Author: =.VaRtaZiaN.=
Map made for normal mode

Description:This map was my first. It is an fps switching and handling map. Easy way + hard way. High skill.
The idea is that you keep climbing your way up to the top of the map, hence the name vertigo. Map also has secrets.

Pedsdude
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Pedsdude » October 18th, 2011, 6:24 pm

OK, updated the details on the site.

I played the map last night, and I didn't really enjoy it - the 'normal' route was too confusing, people were stuck right at the start and I gave up on it myself after a while and noticed the 'easy' route. Turns out the 'easy' route is too easy, and very repetitive, plus the textures of some of the platforms were the same as the background, so it was very hard to see where to go.

Vartazian
CJ Worshipper
CJ Worshipper

Post by Vartazian » October 18th, 2011, 6:52 pm

ok. well the map is only confusing in the firsrt 1-3 bounces then it clears up. and like i said, the map is a high skill. only high skill jumpers will be able to do the hard way...I'm pretty sure this is currnetly the hardest map you have on the site. and honestly, the easy way is harder than many maps... i got really good positive feedback from the easy way. it is for players without 333 fps.

Drofder2004
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Drofder2004 » October 18th, 2011, 11:57 pm

Vartazian wrote:the map is only confusing in the firsrt 1-3 bounces
If you know this, why would you not fix it? :|
Virgin Media 20Mb Broadband:
"Perfect for families going online at the same time, downloading movies, online gaming and more."
Borked internet since: 22-07-2010

Vartazian
CJ Worshipper
CJ Worshipper

Post by Vartazian » October 19th, 2011, 1:33 am

Actually, the issue WAS addressed. It was much worse before with the blocking, so i added 2 ways to get to the 3rd platform- that being the rpg strafe then bounce, OR just a harder bounce. The issue was much worse before and i thought it was fine. If you just look around its not really that hard to figure out. its figuring out HOW to get there thats the prroblem.. and that being that the bounce is 3213, its far, so to some it may not be obvious. It won't happen again in later maps...

Sonic
PC Team
PC Team

Post by Sonic » October 19th, 2011, 1:52 am

Played it yesterday, didn't really got my intrests at that time.
Tried again today and it's pretty good actualy, if you get the hang of it.

Defenitly a map that requires some CoD Jumping skill.
But apart from that, good job. :)

~Sonic