Radiant tool is not working!!

Have questions about CoD4 mapping that aren't covered in the tutorials section? Post here!

Moderator: Core Staff

Randy
CJ Wannabe
CJ Wannabe

Radiant tool is not working!!

Post by Randy » September 9th, 2011, 7:01 am

hi
first i had this error
Rezil wrote:I'm having a problem getting radiant to work. I can't even enter it. Every time I doubleclick the project file(the thing you need to do the first time you run cod4radiant), it crashes and reports an error:

FATAL ERROR: couldn't load material '$default'
GetLastError() = 0
An unrecoverable error has occured. blabla exit...
well his way didnt work
but when i used this it worked
helium wrote:A bit old topic, but I recently installed Mod Tools and I'm getting the same error. I've tried different things (including your fix) but nothing worked. Help please!

EDIT: Quick fixed. After 3 hours of googling and testing different solutions, I got it working.

Solution was to move out the shortcut to CoD4Radiant to the main CoD4 folder (where the MP + SP exe files are) and open it from there.

You can once again lock the topic, hehe.
after that everything was fine i worked on map for like 6 hours then when i saved it and quit it, after that i could not open it at all
all i get is this error

FATAL ERROR: Couldn't load material '$default'
GetLastError() = 3
An reco......blah bla
Please help
google was not good :P i could not find anything

*FIXED*
i just needed to change this in preference
when i stop using load last project on open everything was just fine :D

Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici. "By the power of truth, I, while living, have conquered the universe." - Faust

Hoogie
Core Staff
Core Staff

Re: Radiant tool is not working!!

Post by Hoogie » September 9th, 2011, 2:03 pm

Glad you fixed it yourself.
-=[[CoDJumper.com Movies]]=-
[[Ambush]] || [[Backlot]] || [[Bloc]] || [[Bog]] || [[Broadcast]] || [[Chinatown]] || [[Countdown]]
[[Crash]] || [[Creek]] || [[Crossfire]] || [[District]] || [[Downpour]] || [[Killhouse]] || [[Overgrown]]
[[Pipeline]] || [[Shipment & Wetwork]] || [[Showdown]] || [[Strike]] || [[Vacant]]

A woman can fake an orgasm, but a man can fake an entire relationship