What do you guys think of the new CoD coming out?

General chat area for anything whatsoever

Moderator: Core Staff

Post Reply
Qauntumz
CJ Newbie
CJ Newbie
Posts: 90
Joined: January 27th, 2011, 4:27 pm
Gamertag: QuaNnTuM HD
Location: Sacramento, CA

What do you guys think of the new CoD coming out?

Post by Qauntumz » May 10th, 2011, 11:48 pm

I just want to know what you guys think about the sledgehammer games CoD coming out and the Modern Warfare 3. Not just anything about them, i mean like this: Infinity ward made the best cod games out (CoD4, CoD2, CoD1), and do you think possibly that they learned from their mistakes and Modern Warfare 3 could be a good game? maybe with dedicated servers and a better game engine? ( I know that it would be hard for them to learn from their mistakes because half their team got fired, but them learning from it i guess.) I just hope that Modern Warfare 2 was just their to ruin their streak of great games, and Modern Warfare 3 could continue their run of good games? i hope this makes sense, give your thoughts :P

Soviet
Core Staff
Core Staff
Posts: 7760
Joined: April 23rd, 2005, 9:12 pm
Location: Plano, Texas
Contact:

Re: What do you guys think of the new CoD coming out?

Post by Soviet » May 10th, 2011, 11:53 pm

It is going to be fucking terrible and a bunch of hopeful idiots will buy it, only realizing their mistake afterwards. Then, about a year later those same people will be talking about MW4, wondering whether or not IW has learned from their mistakes and will be making a better game :roll:

I'll give you a hint, they won't.
Image
ImageImageImage
Image
"Zaitsev is a cunt." - Pedsdude

User avatar
[SoE]_Zaitsev
Core Staff
Core Staff
Posts: 14220
Joined: October 21st, 2004, 7:17 pm
Location: Holland
Contact:

Re: What do you guys think of the new CoD coming out?

Post by [SoE]_Zaitsev » May 11th, 2011, 10:28 am

Indeed, with over half the team gone MW3 will probably fail.

I'm still interested what Sledgehammer is going to do though but I'll be moving on to Battlefield 3. It better be like BC2 and have Rush and not only Conquest.
matt101harris wrote:big cock was the first thing that came to my head lol

Qauntumz
CJ Newbie
CJ Newbie
Posts: 90
Joined: January 27th, 2011, 4:27 pm
Gamertag: QuaNnTuM HD
Location: Sacramento, CA

Re: What do you guys think of the new CoD coming out?

Post by Qauntumz » May 11th, 2011, 3:26 pm

Well a 99% chance to be bad vs a 1% chance it will be good is all i need. The only game i need is CoD 4 :D

topher
CJ Spammer!
CJ Spammer!
Posts: 742
Joined: December 4th, 2005, 9:17 am
Location: OK
Contact:

Re: What do you guys think of the new CoD coming out?

Post by topher » May 11th, 2011, 3:46 pm

As long as they spend 10 mil on advertising, I'm sure the game will sell fine. : /
Image

Pedsdude
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 15909
Joined: October 15th, 2004, 7:18 pm
Location: UK

Re: What do you guys think of the new CoD coming out?

Post by Pedsdude » May 11th, 2011, 5:49 pm

I couldn't care less, it's fairly obvious from the past 3 games in the series* that the days of good FPS PC games are gone.

* CoD and MW.
Image
Image

User avatar
Drofder2004
Core Staff
Core Staff
Posts: 13313
Joined: April 13th, 2005, 8:22 pm
Location: UK, London

Re: What do you guys think of the new CoD coming out?

Post by Drofder2004 » May 11th, 2011, 9:34 pm

Pedsdude wrote:good FPS PC games are gone.

* CoD and MW.
RTCW
ET
Quake
UT


TF2 still going strong! \o/
Image
Virgin Media 20Mb Broadband:
"Perfect for families going online at the same time, downloading movies, online gaming and more."
Borked internet since: 22-07-2010

Pedsdude
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 15909
Joined: October 15th, 2004, 7:18 pm
Location: UK

Re: What do you guys think of the new CoD coming out?

Post by Pedsdude » May 11th, 2011, 10:15 pm

Drofder2004 wrote:TF2 still going strong! \o/
I hate the 'feel' of TF2, just like I dislike the feel of the more recent BF games.
Image
Image

Qauntumz
CJ Newbie
CJ Newbie
Posts: 90
Joined: January 27th, 2011, 4:27 pm
Gamertag: QuaNnTuM HD
Location: Sacramento, CA

Re: What do you guys think of the new CoD coming out?

Post by Qauntumz » May 11th, 2011, 11:33 pm

You guys ever played quake live? I have played a little and i thinking about buying Quake 3 if its anything like it? I love games like Unreal Tournament and Quake live... Just asking if its worth it is all :P

Soviet
Core Staff
Core Staff
Posts: 7760
Joined: April 23rd, 2005, 9:12 pm
Location: Plano, Texas
Contact:

Re: What do you guys think of the new CoD coming out?

Post by Soviet » May 12th, 2011, 12:50 am

Don't forget L4D as well.
Image
ImageImageImage
Image
"Zaitsev is a cunt." - Pedsdude

DJKanne
CJ Fan
CJ Fan
Posts: 188
Joined: March 29th, 2008, 4:33 pm
Location: Germany

Re: What do you guys think of the new CoD coming out?

Post by DJKanne » May 12th, 2011, 7:57 am

Mw3 will be like the last 3 games... cutszene -> shoot everywhere -> cutszene -> shoot everywhere .... Multiplayer will get more individualization of weapons perks and stuff...
I think their wont be dedicated server. Their will be expensive stupid DLC's. Their will be Aimbots and Wallhacks.

I miss the old charismatic maps like carentan and harbor. <3

The best games in the past (in my opinion) where Portal 2, Assassins Creed 1 - 3, Mass Effect 2, Bulletstorm was funny and pretty good.

The Problem is each CoD sells more than the last one because the consolers buy them like hell...

I wouldn't wonder if Activision bring their own console and sell cod such for them to make more money...

Iam pretty sure i wont buy the next game if it isnt a remake of CoD 1,2 and 4 together.

Qauntumz
CJ Newbie
CJ Newbie
Posts: 90
Joined: January 27th, 2011, 4:27 pm
Gamertag: QuaNnTuM HD
Location: Sacramento, CA

Re: What do you guys think of the new CoD coming out?

Post by Qauntumz » May 12th, 2011, 3:24 pm

Soviet wrote:Don't forget L4D as well.
L4D2 was one of the best 20$ i ever spent :)
DJKanne wrote:Iam pretty sure i wont buy the next game if it isnt a remake of CoD 1,2 and 4 together.
:D

User avatar
[SoE]_Zaitsev
Core Staff
Core Staff
Posts: 14220
Joined: October 21st, 2004, 7:17 pm
Location: Holland
Contact:

Re: What do you guys think of the new CoD coming out?

Post by [SoE]_Zaitsev » May 12th, 2011, 4:17 pm

L4D2 isn't as good as L4D1. But even though L4D is a FPS, it's not a FPS like CoD/BF/UT/MoH/TF so it shouldn't be mentioned really.

I did enjoy L4D1 shittons but L4D2 was meh.
matt101harris wrote:big cock was the first thing that came to my head lol

Pedsdude
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 15909
Joined: October 15th, 2004, 7:18 pm
Location: UK

Re: What do you guys think of the new CoD coming out?

Post by Pedsdude » May 12th, 2011, 6:10 pm

I partially agree with Zaitsev :P L4D/L4D2 is a completely different type of game to CoD so I wouldn't compare them in that respect. I probably actually preferred L4D2 to L4D.
Image
Image

Soviet
Core Staff
Core Staff
Posts: 7760
Joined: April 23rd, 2005, 9:12 pm
Location: Plano, Texas
Contact:

Re: What do you guys think of the new CoD coming out?

Post by Soviet » May 12th, 2011, 6:52 pm

An FPS doesn't have to be like CoD to be an FPS. In fact, I'd prefer calling L4D an FPS over the latest CoDs because CoD makes FPS look like shit.
Image
ImageImageImage
Image
"Zaitsev is a cunt." - Pedsdude

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests