Manics-jumper-b1 beta map release. COD4 BY ME...

Have a jump map that we don't have on our site? Let us know!

Moderator: Core Staff

Drofder2004
Core Staff
Core Staff

Re: Manics-jumper-b1 beta map release. COD4 BY ME...

Post by Drofder2004 » April 18th, 2011, 10:09 pm

H0mie wrote:heres a vid of me going throught mp_manics-jumper-beta1

the shortcut after the first room realy need to be fixed....maybe u already fixed it

in my oppinion u should keep the last room as it is, so more experienced players can find some new bounces and dont get bored
and beginners can improve their skills by trying these bounces ;)

take care
This video is an awesome display of what jumping is about. What Steve has just stumbled upon is the best "freeroam" style of map there is, although there is a fixed route, it has endless routes to complete it :P
Virgin Media 20Mb Broadband:
"Perfect for families going online at the same time, downloading movies, online gaming and more."
Borked internet since: 22-07-2010

steveuk
CJ G0D!
CJ G0D!

Post by steveuk » April 18th, 2011, 11:33 pm

Drofder2004 wrote:
H0mie wrote:heres a vid of me going throught mp_manics-jumper-beta1

the shortcut after the first room realy need to be fixed....maybe u already fixed it

in my oppinion u should keep the last room as it is, so more experienced players can find some new bounces and dont get bored
and beginners can improve their skills by trying these bounces ;)

take care
This video is an awesome display of what jumping is about. What Steve has just stumbled upon is the best "freeroam" style of map there is, although there is a fixed route, it has endless routes to complete it :P

So is this a new style of jump map i may of created.???lol ....Be good if i have

i am in the process of updating and adding lots more stuff mainly in the large ive added well it was small but i made it like 4 time bigger now, maybe the end of the map this time, but there be so much jump stuff in there i hope..

Not sure why but i just compiled it and half the map wasnt there, not sure why, i think it down to a 2nd house i put into the larger block section, will soon find out, plus the upgraded version wont be ready for a few days as i gota try other stuff i want to add, meaning more errors/faults ect. I hope that ( H0mie ) will be happy to test out the updated version when ready.??

[SoE]_Zaitsev
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by [SoE]_Zaitsev » April 19th, 2011, 6:00 pm

Alex made 2 free roam jump maps. No ending, just challenge yourself. Really fun maps imo.

And platform maps in itself are most of the time really boring and dull unless they're themed like Glass or Monkeys Home.
matt101harris wrote:big cock was the first thing that came to my head lol

steveuk
CJ G0D!
CJ G0D!

Post by steveuk » April 19th, 2011, 6:23 pm

[SoE]_Zaitsev wrote:Alex made 2 free roam jump maps. No ending, just challenge yourself. Really fun maps imo.

And platform maps in itself are most of the time really boring and dull unless they're themed like Glass or Monkeys Home.
wait till you see the ending of my map.lol, it may look kinda messy, but there no real ending unless you want to go into the rest room at the top of the final room, i post some images later today of how it's going..lol

picture maybe in in small screen as my print screen on COD dont seem to be capturing anythink.. it ia F12 key yea,?

H0mie
CJ Wannabe
CJ Wannabe
Gamertag: H0mie@MP3

Post by H0mie » April 19th, 2011, 8:09 pm

[SoE]_Zaitsev wrote: And platform maps in itself are most of the time really boring and dull unless they're themed like Glass or Monkeys Home.
the good thing of platform maps like crazyjump, glas and others is that u find out shortcuts and nice bounces u havent known before....
this keeps u jumping and searching for new ones

....that reminds me of the fact that monkeys home is the most annoying map ever created...no offence to o!mel,
but the combination of a white skybox, screaming colors and moving parts makes my eyes wanna turn 180....
There is no hard or easy, its all about skill!

[SoE]_Zaitsev
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by [SoE]_Zaitsev » April 19th, 2011, 8:19 pm

It's one of my favs :P
matt101harris wrote:big cock was the first thing that came to my head lol

Rezil
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Rezil » April 19th, 2011, 8:21 pm

KillerSam wrote:From what I've read and seen in this topic (I don't have my desktop PC currently to test for myself) my advice to you Steve would be....slow the f*ck down.
If you spent a week crafting a nice section of map and getting it looking really nice and to a good quality, then moved along to the next section you'd end up with a much nicer product. Floating platform maps like this just look rushed and don't really require any mapping skill to produce. In my opinion instead of doing like 50 floating platforms (5minutes work) work on 1 or 2 jumps, test them, improve them, test them, improve them and repeat until the map is a good length.
Making 50 floating platforms (or however many) in a couple of days very rarely equals fun gameplay.

As an estimate a minutes gameplay (e.g 5-6 jumps) should probably take about 8 hours to produce depending how nice you decide to make it.
Fucking this. Steve, I suggest you read this 30x so it sinks in.
Drofder2004: Drofder's rules for reviewing a map
[...]
#5 If your name is Rezil, minimum 5/5.
---
<LT>YosemiteSam[NL]:
I heard somewhere that the best way to start is juggling 2 balls with one hand, so you will get a feel for it.

Lawless
CJ Fan
CJ Fan
Gamertag: x STRAF3Zz v2

Post by Lawless » April 19th, 2011, 11:06 pm

KillerSam wrote:From what I've read and seen in this topic (I don't have my desktop PC currently to test for myself) my advice to you Steve would be....slow the f*ck down.
If you spent a week crafting a nice section of map and getting it looking really nice and to a good quality, then moved along to the next section you'd end up with a much nicer product. Floating platform maps like this just look rushed and don't really require any mapping skill to produce. In my opinion instead of doing like 50 floating platforms (5minutes work) work on 1 or 2 jumps, test them, improve them, test them, improve them and repeat until the map is a good length.
Making 50 floating platforms (or however many) in a couple of days very rarely equals fun gameplay.

As an estimate a minutes gameplay (e.g 5-6 jumps) should probably take about 8 hours to produce depending how nice you decide to make it.
Thats exactly what I do... =P
Join my server @ 217.163.22.223:28960

steveuk
CJ G0D!
CJ G0D!

Post by steveuk » April 19th, 2011, 11:54 pm

Ive been testing jumps on and off, apart from the last level, iv'e done a few high jumps but not many as the rest is to hard for me, i made them longer forthe pros to jump, and yes as i say the las level is messy right now and i will tidy it up a bit, but iv'e seen a few maps about real messy befor and still people play them,

The last level is for testing and finding jumps, ya self, there is no real route to the top of the map where the home base is, i shall be most proberly be putting a secret route in but not sure when and where as yet, i thinking of something like ya have to make it to half way up the last level and if lucky enought you might find it.

This last level is so big its taking ages to do,and im willing to take ore time to work on it, lease Beta 1 is out for some people to test and report bugs to me so i can fix them later, but the last leve as i say is very messy right now, but will be tidied up as i go,when iv'e planed where to put the jumps..

Anyone tell me what items are good for jumping on, i have cars/Vans, even a couple of Tanks on the map, and quite a few barriers ,but would like something else to use, if you have any idear let me know, but tell me where in radiant they are, or if i need to download them from a link.

Badeendnl
CJ Fan
CJ Fan

Post by Badeendnl » April 20th, 2011, 2:08 pm

I am looking forward to the final release, I hope the last room will turn out great

steveuk
CJ G0D!
CJ G0D!

Post by steveuk » April 20th, 2011, 8:01 pm

Badeendnl wrote:I am looking forward to the final release, I hope the last room will turn out great
Well grate i cant say i have made the 5th Lev BIG like as if you could pack all the other 4 levels inside i think.lol
ive made 2 rooms inside the large 5th lev, but still tons on jumps, i have been working on it more of yesterday and today, saing the map every so offeren as i have had the Radiant toll crash out quite a few times, making me lose work,and had to redo what i lost.

I think Homie will enjoy this th level more than the other level put together, lol

I have been testing jumps every time i saved and compiled the map to make sure they work, ive even put some stuff in that i cant reach myself but know pros can... It like half simple, and hard hard, not sure about in-between difficulties , but i do know there are some hard parts there.

I did do some pictures last nite, but coz i added so much more , not wrorth uploading what i had there coz it was messy, but ive done some tidying up as well as adding..

I do some more picture tomorrow and post them.

Drofder2004
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Drofder2004 » April 20th, 2011, 9:09 pm

KillerSam wrote:slow the f*ck down.
Don't go to slow though... you may never finish it... :P
Virgin Media 20Mb Broadband:
"Perfect for families going online at the same time, downloading movies, online gaming and more."
Borked internet since: 22-07-2010

steveuk
CJ G0D!
CJ G0D!

Post by steveuk » April 20th, 2011, 9:23 pm

here just 2 pictures of the final level,
looking down fom the top.

The END room , somewhere to rest, find the weapon stash, and the sectret way to get on the roof for more weapons.

Still working on this room , and wont say where the way to the roof is..lol, if inside or out side.

As i say i know this level looks messy i am still working on it, and adding more jumps ,it had around 4 to 5 levels of climbing, and much across the room to.

will update nearer the time of release.

steveuk
CJ G0D!
CJ G0D!

Post by steveuk » April 20th, 2011, 11:22 pm

May not get this finished till next week now as my PC has shut down 3 times today, not sure what caused it,could be Graphics card as it is slightly noisy and seems that Pc isgetting a bit to hot to, even with 2-3 vans ,in, ive taken out the GFX card i had, and put a older card in, lucky still can play COD on this older card... May have to buy a new GFXcard next week thinking of getting a GT430,as thats the only card i can afford right now...

will keep ya posted anyways.. not doing no more mapping to nite, as gota sleep eairly today as i gota be up a 6am to put the trash out, then later in day have to take my boy to the dentist, and ive also gota clean out 10 hamster cages, if i fill up to it..

Ok l8ers