Can't connect to some servers?

Have a question you need to ask? Need help? Ask here!

Moderator: Core Staff

Infinite
PC Team
PC Team

Can't connect to some servers?

Post by Infinite » November 3rd, 2010, 11:15 pm

The problem is just as my title states. I cannot connect to a few specific servers. This wouldn't be a problem if I didn't want to go on these servers, but I've known them for a while, and now I cannot connect to a few :S.

The main server that I'm having trouble with is Matty's scrim server. I recently installed Windows 7, and when I installed CoD4, everything worked fine. All of my old servers came up fine and I connect to them without a problem. When I tried to connect to Matty's server today, the "Awaiting Connetion...x..." screen stayed until it hit 31 and then went to "Server Connection Timed Out" or whatever the usual timed out message is. I can connect fine to 99% of the other servers that I have seen, but I cannot connect to Matty's. That's the only server that I've noticed that has done this, and I'm bewildered as to why. The server was up, and 9 people were able to connect to the server before me (I was the last person that was supposed to get in for a war we were doing), so it's just me. Ports are forwarded and I also cannot see the server's status through Xfire.

I'm never encountered a problem such as this in my 2.5 years of playing CoD4, so any suggestions would be appreciated :S. I tried looking up this problem, but haven't come to a solution yet.
"The beauty of a living thing is not the atoms that go into it, but the way those atoms are put together."
"A still more glorious dawn awaits- not a sun rise, but a galaxy rise. A morning filled with four hundred billion suns: the rising of The Milky Way." - Carl Sagan

[15:19] _MattyTÒ£eFarmer_: infinate
[15:19] _MattyTÒ£eFarmer_: u r smarter than me

Hoogie
Core Staff
Core Staff

Re: Can't connect to some servers?

Post by Hoogie » November 3rd, 2010, 11:24 pm

Is it only Matty's server or others aswell?

Tell Matty to restart the server.
-=[[CoDJumper.com Movies]]=-
[[Ambush]] || [[Backlot]] || [[Bloc]] || [[Bog]] || [[Broadcast]] || [[Chinatown]] || [[Countdown]]
[[Crash]] || [[Creek]] || [[Crossfire]] || [[District]] || [[Downpour]] || [[Killhouse]] || [[Overgrown]]
[[Pipeline]] || [[Shipment & Wetwork]] || [[Showdown]] || [[Strike]] || [[Vacant]]

A woman can fake an orgasm, but a man can fake an entire relationship

Infinite
PC Team
PC Team

Post by Infinite » November 3rd, 2010, 11:29 pm

Hoogie wrote:Is it only Matty's server or others aswell?

Tell Matty to restart the server.
Matty's is the only one that I've noticed so far. I've never encountered something like this before, and other people could connect to it fine :/. I'll ask him to restart it tomorrow when he gets back on, and I'll try it then I guess.
"The beauty of a living thing is not the atoms that go into it, but the way those atoms are put together."
"A still more glorious dawn awaits- not a sun rise, but a galaxy rise. A morning filled with four hundred billion suns: the rising of The Milky Way." - Carl Sagan

Hoogie
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Hoogie » November 4th, 2010, 12:49 am

If it's just Matty's server then it's probally caused by the server. I was on the server today and it was fine for me tough.
[[Ambush]] || [[Backlot]] || [[Bloc]] || [[Bog]] || [[Broadcast]] || [[Chinatown]] || [[Countdown]]
[[Crash]] || [[Creek]] || [[Crossfire]] || [[District]] || [[Downpour]] || [[Killhouse]] || [[Overgrown]]
[[Pipeline]] || [[Shipment & Wetwork]] || [[Showdown]] || [[Strike]] || [[Vacant]]

Infinite
PC Team
PC Team

Post by Infinite » November 5th, 2010, 7:39 pm

Hoogie wrote:If it's just Matty's server then it's probally caused by the server. I was on the server today and it was fine for me tough.
I still cannot connect to it after having it restarted :/.

Hoogie
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Hoogie » November 5th, 2010, 11:02 pm

Infinite wrote:
Hoogie wrote:If it's just Matty's server then it's probally caused by the server. I was on the server today and it was fine for me tough.
I'm clueless then.

You can connect to every server except to Matty's server, means it should be a server problem.
Everyone can connect to the server except you, means the problem is on your side.

What a dilemma :|

You could try connecting with the default config. Just place your config on the desktop (to save it) and connect without a config in the folder.
I Doubt it this will fix anything but doesn't hurt to try.

Infinite
PC Team
PC Team

Post by Infinite » November 5th, 2010, 11:15 pm

Hoogie wrote:
Infinite wrote:
I'm clueless then.

You can connect to every server except to Matty's server, means it should be a server problem.
Everyone can connect to the server except you, means the problem is on your side.

What a dilemma :|

You could try connecting with the default config. Just place your config on the desktop (to save it) and connect without a config in the folder.
I Doubt it this will fix anything but doesn't hurt to try.
Server connection still timed out :/. I don't understand what's going on with this tbh. The server uses a strange port, but I forwarded it, so it shouldn't be a problem. That would be the only explanation that I can think of as to why I couldn't connect, but I fixed it, so I'm bewildered.

The President
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by The President » November 6th, 2010, 1:03 am

Did you also allow it through teh firewall? (windows firewall)

[23:21] Damselflies<3MyDog: :(, you have no heard!
[23:21] Damselflies<3MyDog: head*
[23:21] Damselflies<3MyDog: heart * !
[23:21] Damselflies<3MyDog: ffs that joke failed
[23:21] Damselflies<3MyDog: fuck you :(

[21:11] Damselflies<3MyDog: indeed!
[21:11] Damselflies<3MyDog: mes gay :(
[21:11] Damselflies<3MyDog: i kissed a boy!

[18:02] Damselflies<3MyDog: as far as i kno, men cant be pregnant

Infinite
PC Team
PC Team

Post by Infinite » November 6th, 2010, 3:57 am

The President wrote:Did you also allow it through teh firewall? (windows firewall)
It's turned off :/