Tutorials for Call of Duty 4 mapping

Moderator: Core Staff

Infinite
PC Team
PC Team

Re: Proper pasword scripts

Post by Infinite » September 16th, 2010, 11:10 pm

megazor wrote:
Am I the only one thinking that you don't have to be clever to solve a quadratic equation...
You unfortunately can't think like a child. Being an adult, it seems so easy. but believe me, 95% of players can't solve quadratic equations and hardly ever anyone of them will visit wikipedia for it. It is actually good elimination.
Even knowing the formula, they will be perhaps unable to realize what a, b, c are. many players don't even know what square root is and so on.
The quadratic equation is taught in Algebra, and I learned it at age 13 (This is in my school system where I am, in one of the dumber states of the US). I didn't become proficient in it until perhaps I hit age 15 or so, where it was commonly used throughout my math classes. I am 17 years old at the moment, and I can solve a quadratic within a minute on a bad day (In Physics C, Calculus AB, and even sometimes in Chemistry I use it on a daily basis). I'm skeptical that 95% of the community is younger than 15 years old, and if you truly wanted to make a nearly impossible password to crack, I would suggest using something similar to what Peds said, being Differentiation, Integration, or Derivatives. These aren't learned until you take Calculus, and that's only IF you take calculus. They are very easy to understand, and take fairly little time to crack by yourself, but the odds of you knowing about the concepts are exponentially smaller than knowing the quadratic equation.
"The beauty of a living thing is not the atoms that go into it, but the way those atoms are put together."
"A still more glorious dawn awaits- not a sun rise, but a galaxy rise. A morning filled with four hundred billion suns: the rising of The Milky Way." - Carl Sagan

[15:19] _MattyTÒ£eFarmer_: infinate
[15:19] _MattyTÒ£eFarmer_: u r smarter than me

Infinite
PC Team
PC Team

Post by Infinite » September 17th, 2010, 12:07 am

KillerSam wrote:
Infinite wrote:...
Epic bump.
Sorry D: I saw it and couldn't resist :?.
"The beauty of a living thing is not the atoms that go into it, but the way those atoms are put together."
"A still more glorious dawn awaits- not a sun rise, but a galaxy rise. A morning filled with four hundred billion suns: the rising of The Milky Way." - Carl Sagan

[15:19] _MattyTÒ£eFarmer_: infinate
[15:19] _MattyTÒ£eFarmer_: u r smarter than me

Pedsdude
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Pedsdude » September 17th, 2010, 12:29 am

Even if you do a differentiation/integration problem, people can still just be told the answer by those who can work it out :(

... unless you have a way of making it randomly generate an equation to then differentiate, in which case... win!

megazor
CJ Worshipper
CJ Worshipper

Post by megazor » September 17th, 2010, 3:04 am

I'm skeptical that 95%...
u supposed, whereas i checked it in-game: being on a server i suggested many times solving a quadratic equation, and only one or two men could do it. im happy with the difficulty of my system: its not extremely hard, and not too easy at the same time.