waywaaaard
Core Staff
Core Staff

Re: Deck16][ beta is there for CoD2

Post by waywaaaard » July 21st, 2010, 9:10 pm

can't avoid that :P due to the use of finishdamage or radiusdamage
THAT HANDS WERE NOT TRACED!
visit my blog: Link
Soviet wrote:Yeah, watch out, Peds will hit you with his +5 D-Battleaxe of homosexuality :roll:

<LT>YosemiteSam[NL]
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by <LT>YosemiteSam[NL] » July 22nd, 2010, 1:15 am

Me and some friends are going to test it today (thursday)

About what you said rezil;

- I made it lightwise practicly the same as the original UT99 one. Unforntinately I can't change the intensity to more then "1" in the map. But I think I up-ed my game brightness a little bit during the making of the map....that changes a lot btw.

- I'll look in to that but once (or twice) playing the map you will know where all weapons are I guess. I wanted to make it like the little spawnstars from UT but couldn't find an effect that looks like that. (have to look into that futher). Would look nicer, i agree.

- The place where the sniper rifle (springfield) is located was always ment as a "camp"spot. That was/is typical of deck16.
I didn't mess around with the map at all cause I (and alot of unreal players :)) like the map as it is. :) Maybe I'll make the bouncepads a little higher so you can "jump" to the sniper spot ?

- You mean like make a trigger_use right ? I'll look into that aswell.

But thx for testing it guys...did the sounds work like they should ? 5 minutes/3 minutes/1 minute/10 seconds and stuff ?
And is the damage amplifier not too powerfull (thaught of changing it into another weapon) ?

<LT>YosemiteSam[NL]
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by <LT>YosemiteSam[NL] » July 22nd, 2010, 9:41 am

Also, a friend of mine which is a die-hard Unreal-mp (not UT99 but the original first Unreal multiplayer) player, also "tested" the map on his own and was wondering if it's possible to let the elevators go up when someone is underneath. I mean when someone is standing underneath the elevator, and it goes down and hits the player it automaticly goes up again.

[SoE]_Zaitsev
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by [SoE]_Zaitsev » July 22nd, 2010, 2:12 pm

People actually uses the sniper rifle ? I thought it was kind of a lackluster. I prefered using that Lightning Gun. But even then, I only played Instagib.
matt101harris wrote:big cock was the first thing that came to my head lol

<LT>YosemiteSam[NL]
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by <LT>YosemiteSam[NL] » July 22nd, 2010, 2:32 pm

When I played the map I almost always used the sniperrifle...loved it.
Didn't play instagib that much.

I once played a friend of mine who was number 8 in the europe ranking of Unreal mp.
I didn't stand a chance :? :) But tonight he will playtest the map aswell so now I'll kick his ass :) (he doesn't play cod2 that much)

Rezil
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Rezil » July 22nd, 2010, 6:58 pm

<LT>YosemiteSam[NL] wrote:About what you said rezil;

- I made it lightwise practicly the same as the original UT99 one. Unforntinately I can't change the intensity to more then "1" in the map. But I think I up-ed my game brightness a little bit during the making of the map....that changes a lot btw.

- I'll look in to that but once (or twice) playing the map you will know where all weapons are I guess. I wanted to make it like the little spawnstars from UT but couldn't find an effect that looks like that. (have to look into that futher). Would look nicer, i agree.

- The place where the sniper rifle (springfield) is located was always ment as a "camp"spot. That was/is typical of deck16.
I didn't mess around with the map at all cause I (and alot of unreal players :)) like the map as it is. :) Maybe I'll make the bouncepads a little higher so you can "jump" to the sniper spot ?

- You mean like make a trigger_use right ? I'll look into that aswell.

But thx for testing it guys...did the sounds work like they should ? 5 minutes/3 minutes/1 minute/10 seconds and stuff ?
And is the damage amplifier not too powerfull (thaught of changing it into another weapon) ?
- Not intensity, change the range(something like 200 units more perhaps). Intensity CAN be more than 1 but I experienced more light bleeding through walls if it was more than 1. In CoD4 it works alright.

- Dynamic lights can only be seen when running dx9 which is a real shame. You can make other effects though->change the color of the teleport pulse thing to correspond with the color of the light perhaps?

- Yeah I figured as much. In CoD2 it's too big of a risk/reward ratio because the players are quite small compared to the map size. Basically it's almost impossible to hit the guy on top if you only see his head.

- No, a trigger_multiple. Make a trigger inside all of the poison pools and print the hint.

The sounds play alright, we only did 1 session though. The Dam-Amp was not used at all because it's real hard to get to it without getting shot. The Redeemer on the other hand is too damn slow and the explosion effect is too small compared to the radius of the damage. I remember shooting it through a corridor and I was on the opposite side of the wall I shot. I died. :/
Drofder2004: Drofder's rules for reviewing a map
[...]
#5 If your name is Rezil, minimum 5/5.
---
<LT>YosemiteSam[NL]:
I heard somewhere that the best way to start is juggling 2 balls with one hand, so you will get a feel for it.

<LT>YosemiteSam[NL]
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by <LT>YosemiteSam[NL] » July 22nd, 2010, 7:19 pm

Rezil wrote:
- Dynamic lights can only be seen when running dx9 which is a real shame. You can make other effects though->change the color of the teleport pulse thing to correspond with the color of the light perhaps?
Good idea I'll try that.
Rezil wrote: - Yeah I figured as much. In CoD2 it's too big of a risk/reward ratio because the players are quite small compared to the map size. Basically it's almost impossible to hit the guy on top if you only see his head.
I just noticed that you can get up there from the left jumppad. I'll change the jumppads height so that you have to walk all the way to that spot....most of the time you will get shot doing that (my experience from UT).
Rezil wrote: - No, a trigger_multiple. Make a trigger inside all of the poison pools and print the hint.
aha ok also gonna make that....maybe. Once you climb out you will know it forever :)
Rezil wrote: The sounds play alright, we only did 1 session though. The Dam-Amp was not used at all because it's real hard to get to it without getting shot. The Redeemer on the other hand is too damn slow and the explosion effect is too small compared to the radius of the damage. I remember shooting it through a corridor and I was on the opposite side of the wall I shot. I died. :/
I Thaught so, I'll look into that.

Rezil
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Rezil » July 22nd, 2010, 7:24 pm

About mantle: Would avoid a lot of confusion for what is essentially 10 minutes of work. ;)
Drofder2004: Drofder's rules for reviewing a map
[...]
#5 If your name is Rezil, minimum 5/5.
---
<LT>YosemiteSam[NL]:
I heard somewhere that the best way to start is juggling 2 balls with one hand, so you will get a feel for it.

waywaaaard
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by waywaaaard » July 22nd, 2010, 7:37 pm

Hey Sam and Rezil we could do another round if you want. Just make a clear date and time and I will be there
THAT HANDS WERE NOT TRACED!
visit my blog: Link
Soviet wrote:Yeah, watch out, Peds will hit you with his +5 D-Battleaxe of homosexuality :roll:

<LT>YosemiteSam[NL]
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by <LT>YosemiteSam[NL] » July 22nd, 2010, 10:17 pm

ok. normally I'm gaming at mondays and thursdays and some evenings in the weekend.
Just pick a date and I'll be there.
Curious how good you are

<LT>YosemiteSam[NL]
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by <LT>YosemiteSam[NL] » July 22nd, 2010, 10:18 pm

Rezil wrote:About mantle: Would avoid a lot of confusion for what is essentially 10 minutes of work. ;)
Well ok you are right m8 :D

We have tested it yesterday aswell and a few things I'm gonna change/add in the final release;

- fix a lightleak above the teleport
- Change the spawntime of the damageamplifier (extend it to 3 minutes)
- You are the winner and you lost the match sounds
- Put a trigger multiple hint in the poison pools
- Lower the jump pads a bit, so you can't reach the sniper spot.
- Add a health pack which when taken adds 100 health to the player (possible?)
- Put a cushion texture in the big poison pool
- Check the damamp pick up, and teleport sound (it plays loud for everyone, local?)
- add fx to the weaponspawn places
- change the cod2 taunts into unreal ones
- Make it so that when the elevator hits the player it goes back up.

Probably will find some more stuff but this is about it I think.

ConnoR
CJ Worshipper
CJ Worshipper
Gamertag: conz0rz

Post by ConnoR » July 23rd, 2010, 10:48 am

If only i had CoD2 :( Oh well good look with the final version

[SoE]_Zaitsev
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by [SoE]_Zaitsev » July 23rd, 2010, 4:03 pm

Is the teleport to the Redeemer also there ?
matt101harris wrote:big cock was the first thing that came to my head lol

<LT>YosemiteSam[NL]
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by <LT>YosemiteSam[NL] » July 23rd, 2010, 4:21 pm

If only i had CoD2 Oh well good look with the final version
Thx m8

Ofcourse , I'm a sucker for detail (not realy a detail but ok). All details are in there, damage amplifier aswell as the shieldbelt (for health not armor). Shieldbelt will be located on top of the beam above the poison, the place where is suposed to be :)

Brody
CJ Newbie
CJ Newbie

Post by Brody » July 24th, 2010, 11:42 am

I wanna test it too, if there's a date I'll see if I can be there. :)