Some Suggestions for the CoDJumper Beta Mod :D

Please give us your feedback and suggestions. Spotted an error on our site? Let us know how we can improve here!

Moderator: Core Staff

theallian
CJ Wannabe
CJ Wannabe

Some Suggestions for the CoDJumper Beta Mod :D

Post by theallian » January 9th, 2010, 1:38 pm

Would it be possible to remove the stun after you fall, which stops you from moving at full speed for a second, as it is quite annoying, and most times forgetting it would happen, I would attempt to do that jump/bounce at quarter speed which fails miserably :P

Also would removing the knife lunge be plausible (I know it can be done, as it is removed in Promod), as some people are taking advantage of it to do difficult jumps by having one person stand near the edge of the destination of the jump and the jumper would knife and lunge towards the destination.

Finally, why do the perks only function on one team (Marines/Opfor)? I select a team and see if Sleight Of Hand is functioning, and if not I switch to the other team and the perks will function. It's not necessarily Marines/Opfor that always get the perks.

matt101harris
PC Team
PC Team

Re: Some Suggestions for the CoDJumper Beta Mod :D

Post by matt101harris » January 9th, 2010, 3:36 pm

theallian wrote:Would it be possible to remove the stun after you fall, which stops you from moving at full speed for a second, as it is quite annoying, and most times forgetting it would happen, I would attempt to do that jump/bounce at quarter speed which fails miserably :P

Also would removing the knife lunge be plausible (I know it can be done, as it is removed in Promod), as some people are taking advantage of it to do difficult jumps by having one person stand near the edge of the destination of the jump and the jumper would knife and lunge towards the destination.

Finally, why do the perks only function on one team (Marines/Opfor)? I select a team and see if Sleight Of Hand is functioning, and if not I switch to the other team and the perks will function. It's not necessarily Marines/Opfor that always get the perks.
Codjumper is about the jumps u can do ingame, so if u remove something like this it makes it not like "real life" so therefore it wouldnt be like playing real cod4. Sight of hand always works, thats the mod.
PeЧĐuĐe@CoDJumper.com: put your cock away, you sick man
Matty@CoDJumper.com: hahaha
PeЧĐuĐe@CoDJumper.com: (while i whip mine out)
Matty@CoDJumper.com: lol
PeЧĐuĐe@CoDJumper.com: just kidding
PeЧĐuĐe@CoDJumper.com: ... i don't have one :(

[SoE]_Zaitsev
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by [SoE]_Zaitsev » January 9th, 2010, 5:09 pm

I'm pretty sure Drofder kept that slowing thing in the mod (It happens right after you jump, originally to prevent bunny hopping like crazy as in CoD1) because people will be 'forced' to take turns if they attempt the same jump. Same as the flashy/red screen when you're almost dead.

I do agree, it's annoying, but Drofder kept that in for a reason. It has also been suggested many times but it won't get changed.
matt101harris wrote:big cock was the first thing that came to my head lol

Drofder2004
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Drofder2004 » January 10th, 2010, 2:25 am

theallian wrote:Would it be possible to remove the stun after you fall, which stops you from moving at full speed for a second, as it is quite annoying, and most times forgetting it would happen, I would attempt to do that jump/bounce at quarter speed which fails miserably :P

In order:
The slowing seems hard coded into the damage, there are way of removing it by playing with the damage, but that would effect other things. As it stands, this is again, another way to slow people down and stopping them from continuously jumping without allowing others a turn. (Private, use god mode).

I thought I had removed the lunge? If I haven't I will for next compile (I may have only done it in the WaW mod)

The perks are mod coded. Upon spawning, all players are stripped of the perks given by class and replaced with the 3 main ones (quick reload for RPG, juggernaut for health and extreme conditioning for running) [Admins also get silent run, because they are ninjas!].
The team should not affect the perks you receive as this is coded into the spawn function and is not affected by neither team nor class.
Virgin Media 20Mb Broadband:
"Perfect for families going online at the same time, downloading movies, online gaming and more."
Borked internet since: 22-07-2010

Drofder2004
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Drofder2004 » January 10th, 2010, 3:17 am

KillerSam wrote:I didn't know that the admins get that extra perk lmao :lol:
Shh! It's a secret.
"Perfect for families going online at the same time, downloading movies, online gaming and more."

[SoE]_Zaitsev
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by [SoE]_Zaitsev » January 10th, 2010, 6:03 pm

How can you not know ? :P

Pedsdude
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Pedsdude » January 10th, 2010, 7:15 pm

I never knew... that's pretty cool :)

[SoE]_Zaitsev
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by [SoE]_Zaitsev » January 10th, 2010, 7:36 pm

Nubs!

paintlax21
CJ Donator
CJ Donator

Post by paintlax21 » July 14th, 2010, 4:40 am

Drofder2004 wrote:

In order:
The slowing seems hard coded into the damage, there are way of removing it by playing with the damage, but that would effect other things. As it stands, this is again, another way to slow people down and stopping them from continuously jumping without allowing others a turn. (Private, use god mode).

I thought I had removed the lunge? If I haven't I will for next compile (I may have only done it in the WaW mod)

The perks are mod coded. Upon spawning, all players are stripped of the perks given by class and replaced with the 3 main ones (quick reload for RPG, juggernaut for health and extreme conditioning for running) [Admins also get silent run, because they are ninjas!].
The team should not affect the perks you receive as this is coded into the spawn function and is not affected by neither team nor class.
if you want to stop that slowing that you can change bg_falldamagemaxheight lower then bg_falldamageminheight but the thing is they are cheat protected so if you could code that into your mod you are good to go

Drofder2004
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Drofder2004 » July 14th, 2010, 7:27 pm

paintlax21 wrote:if you want to stop that slowing that you can change bg_falldamagemaxheight lower then bg_falldamageminheight but the thing is they are cheat protected so if you could code that into your mod you are good to go
A bit of pointless thread revival, but just to comment on, the command is known but is not wanted. Fall Damage is an important part of the mod from my POV so, it shall stay.

Hoogie
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Hoogie » July 14th, 2010, 7:31 pm

Drofder2004 wrote:
paintlax21 wrote:if you want to stop that slowing that you can change bg_falldamagemaxheight lower then bg_falldamageminheight but the thing is they are cheat protected so if you could code that into your mod you are good to go
A bit of pointless thread revival, but just to comment on, the command is known but is not wanted. Fall Damage is an important part of the mod from my POV so, it shall stay.
True, the jump is officially not "new" if the falldamage is above 110.
-=[[CoDJumper.com Movies]]=-
[[Ambush]] || [[Backlot]] || [[Bloc]] || [[Bog]] || [[Broadcast]] || [[Chinatown]] || [[Countdown]]
[[Crash]] || [[Creek]] || [[Crossfire]] || [[District]] || [[Downpour]] || [[Killhouse]] || [[Overgrown]]
[[Pipeline]] || [[Shipment & Wetwork]] || [[Showdown]] || [[Strike]] || [[Vacant]]

A woman can fake an orgasm, but a man can fake an entire relationship