it's so nice here (NM_Cure Released)

Have a jump map that we don't have on our site? Let us know!

Moderator: Core Staff

Pedsdude
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: it's so nice here

Post by Pedsdude » July 8th, 2010, 2:39 pm

Soviet wrote:
Asher wrote:coNtact cure co. vIa Google searcH or Through MAiling seRvicEs.
:shock:
I lol'd.

Rezil
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Rezil » July 8th, 2010, 3:01 pm

Dear Members of CoDJumper.com Forum,

On behalf of Cure Co., we would like to clarify that this so called "Asher" is a patient at the Cure Co. Mental Facility.
He had momentarily evaded his room and found access to a computer and camera.
He has since been detained by our highly trained by our highly trained staff and is in good hands.

We would like to request the removal of this following topic as we find it does not give a proper representation of Cure Co.
On average, of our 1000+ patients, only very few have managed escape and we take safety as a top priority here at Cure Co.

On the other hand, if you or any other loved ones you know might be suffering from mental illness, feel free to contact us for your free trail. Testing will begin on Friday. coNtact cure co. vIa Google searcH or Through MAiling seRvicEs.
:shock:

(Note how he's not as racist!)
Drofder2004: Drofder's rules for reviewing a map
[...]
#5 If your name is Rezil, minimum 5/5.
---
<LT>YosemiteSam[NL]:
I heard somewhere that the best way to start is juggling 2 balls with one hand, so you will get a feel for it.

Uzumakibro93
CJ Newbie
CJ Newbie
PSN ID: uzumakibro93

Post by Uzumakibro93 » July 8th, 2010, 4:15 pm

Asher wrote:Dear Members of CoDJumper.com Forum,

On behalf of Cure Co., we would like to clarify that this so called "Asher" is a patient at the Cure Co. Mental Facility.
He had momentarily evaded his room and found access to a computer and camera.
He has since been detained by our highly trained by our highly trained staff and is in good hands.

We would like to request the removal of this following topic as we find it does not give a proper representation of Cure Co.
On average, of our 1000+ patients, only very few have managed escape and we take safety as a top priority here at Cure Co.

On the other hand, if you or any other loved ones you know might be suffering from mental illness, feel free to contact us for your free trail. Testing will begin on Friday. coNtact cure co. vIa Google searcH or Through MAiling seRvicEs.
o.0

I've worked until I have been driven insane. And then I kept working. The only thing I need to know is, exactly who are those people talking to me in my head? And why do they want me to kill you?

Nightmare
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Nightmare » July 10th, 2010, 9:39 pm

NM_Cure has finally been released.

This map does not require any save mod whatsoever as it has its own checkpoint function.
The difficulty for this map would be somewhere in the Challenging to Nintendo Hard level.
Expect this map to take over an hour to beat on the first go, it requires a good amount of thinking as well as jumping.

Comments and suggestions are always welcome.

Good luck. :D

...Seriously, don't use a save mod.
Coding is Poetry. Mapping is Art.
"Cause im the sexiest mapper ever...except for nm, that sexy man" - Soviet

-=[CoDJumper.com Movies]=-
[Ambush] || [Backlot] || [Bloc] || [Bog] || [Broadcast] || [Chinatown] || [Countdown]
[Crash] || [Creek] || [Crossfire] || [District] || [Downpour] || [Killhouse] || [Overgrown]
[Pipeline] || [Shipment & Wetwork] || [Showdown] || [Strike] || [Vacant]

Rezil
Core Staff
Core Staff

Re: it's so nice here (NM_Cure Released)

Post by Rezil » July 10th, 2010, 9:44 pm

Downloading, can't wait. :) Will post feedback.
[...]
---
<LT>YosemiteSam[NL]:
I heard somewhere that the best way to start is juggling 2 balls with one hand, so you will get a feel for it.

Hoogie
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Hoogie » July 10th, 2010, 10:09 pm

I take it this is for CoD2?
-=[[CoDJumper.com Movies]]=-
[[Ambush]] || [[Backlot]] || [[Bloc]] || [[Bog]] || [[Broadcast]] || [[Chinatown]] || [[Countdown]]
[[Crash]] || [[Creek]] || [[Crossfire]] || [[District]] || [[Downpour]] || [[Killhouse]] || [[Overgrown]]
[[Pipeline]] || [[Shipment & Wetwork]] || [[Showdown]] || [[Strike]] || [[Vacant]]

A woman can fake an orgasm, but a man can fake an entire relationship

Uzumakibro93
CJ Newbie
CJ Newbie
PSN ID: uzumakibro93

Post by Uzumakibro93 » July 10th, 2010, 10:11 pm

It's for CoD 1. It's very very very very very good. I'm horrid at jumping though...

I've worked until I have been driven insane. And then I kept working. The only thing I need to know is, exactly who are those people talking to me in my head? And why do they want me to kill you?

Rezil
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Rezil » July 10th, 2010, 11:04 pm

Alright, I've finished it. Whew it was quite an adventure. You create a very frightening atmosphere and the general mood of the 'journey'(I can't call this a map, it's more of a level than a map) is amazingly intense. I have a few things to critique though:

- Too short. You said that this map takes about an hour to complete in the first go. I completed it in 30-35 minutes. I did noclip 1 room though(the one with the furniture, don't want to spoil much).

- A good ammount of thinking? The most I had to think is how to drain the water, and even that wasn't that difficult to figure out(a solid 5 minutes). The mechanic itself is not complex enough to have any really complicated puzzles. Switching mid-jump is not that difficult to figure out, it's more annoying and trial and error than anything else.

- No saving! It's NOT saving, it's just a checkpoint system. And the checkpoints could've been a bit less scarce. I can think of a few jumps where I got stuck and had to re-do half of the room. Annoying.

- The cinematics(save for the last one) could have had a bit more narration/explanation. I know you want to keep us in the dark(possibly for a sequel?) but suddenly switching rooms, moving slowly and having no idea what I'm doing here and where I'm supposed to go is fine when done in moderation. Seriously, the last one of those where I was moving slow(the one where the red lights flash) I was getting so bored of it I used timescale to make it go faster. -.-

Other than that, this map is brilliant. Very good design, nice pacing and jump difficulty, cool effects and I simply LOVE the final cutscene. Nocliped through the map just to do the cutscene again. It's that fucking awesome. :)
[...]
---
<LT>YosemiteSam[NL]:

Nightmare
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Nightmare » July 10th, 2010, 11:16 pm

Rezil wrote:Alright, I've finished it. Whew it was quite an adventure. You create a very frightening atmosphere and the general mood of the 'journey'(I can't call this a map, it's more of a level than a map) is amazingly intense. I have a few things to critique though:

- Too short. You said that this map takes about an hour to complete in the first go. I completed it in 30-35 minutes. I did noclip 1 room though(the one with the furniture, don't want to spoil much).

- A good ammount of thinking? The most I had to think is how to drain the water, and even that wasn't that difficult to figure out(a solid 5 minutes). The mechanic itself is not complex enough to have any really complicated puzzles. Switching mid-jump is not that difficult to figure out, it's more annoying and trial and error than anything else.

- No saving! It's NOT saving, it's just a checkpoint system. And the checkpoints could've been a bit less scarce. I can think of a few jumps where I got stuck and had to re-do half of the room. Annoying.

- The cinematics(save for the last one) could have had a bit more narration/explanation. I know you want to keep us in the dark(possibly for a sequel?) but suddenly switching rooms, moving slowly and having no idea what I'm doing here and where I'm supposed to go is fine when done in moderation. Seriously, the last one of those where I was moving slow(the one where the red lights flash) I was getting so bored of it I used timescale to make it go faster. -.-

Other than that, this map is brilliant. Very good design, nice pacing and jump difficulty, cool effects and I simply LOVE the final cutscene. Nocliped through the map just to do the cutscene again. It's that fucking awesome. :)
Thanks for the great comments.

-I really wish I could have made the map longer, but quite honestly, I was pushing the limits of CoD as it is with this map.

-Personal opinion, glad to hear you've managed to figure the rooms out, I've seen others struggle during testing.

-Checkpoint is a better term, thank you. (edits original post) I kind of felt a checkpoint system helped keep the map difficult enough, back to the days when we jumped before a save mod even existed, making completing it feel much more rewarding. I found most testers often felt that reward with every room they beat as they got to the next checkpoint.

-That's the idea of the cinematics, you're supposed to be confused, left in the dark, etc. Sorry to hear you felt them to be annoying though.

Again, I'm glad to hear you enjoyed the map and left good comments.

[Ambush] || [Backlot] || [Bloc] || [Bog] || [Broadcast] || [Chinatown] || [Countdown]
[Crash] || [Creek] || [Crossfire] || [District] || [Downpour] || [Killhouse] || [Overgrown]

mr-x
CJ Newbie
CJ Newbie

Post by mr-x » July 11th, 2010, 7:50 am

any screenshots please??

JuMPZoR
CJ Newbie
CJ Newbie

Post by JuMPZoR » July 11th, 2010, 12:54 pm

Well, as I annoying did the map without sprint, lol, I think it was a very good map. You're a great mapper dude, keep it up ;)

Pedsdude
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Pedsdude » July 11th, 2010, 4:55 pm

Readme fail: Map Title NM_Jungle_3
:)

Downloaded, will play shortly.

This page needs updating! http://nightmaremaps.us.ms/

Nightmare
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Nightmare » July 11th, 2010, 11:03 pm

Pedsdude wrote:Readme fail: Map Title NM_Jungle_3
:)

Downloaded, will play shortly.

This page needs updating! http://nightmaremaps.us.ms/
Yeah I know, I've been notified of both of those things.
I'll update the site when I get some time.

Soviet
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Soviet » July 12th, 2010, 7:48 pm

I'm too lazy to write out something else, so here is the description I wrote for codfiles.com
Soviet wrote:Nightmare, after a somewhat lengthy hiatus from mapping, returns with yet another CoD1 jump map that pushes the bounds of the engine even further than before. Like his jungle series of maps, nm_cure is more of a narrative than a map, complete with its own story. It is worth noting that while this may be a map played in multiplayer, it is essentially a singleplayer map. However, that only serves to make the experience even better. From start to finish nm_cure has more immersion than anyone would have thought possible in a CoD1 map. With an incredibly unique gameplay mechanic and probably the most complicated scripting in CoD1 to date, nm_cure excels in all areas; even areas one would not expect from a 'multiplayer' jump map. Despite the story being hard to follow in spots and some frustrating points, nm_cure stands out as an incredibly innovative and inspiring map that manages to prove there is still life in CoD1.
ImageImageImage
"Zaitsev is a cunt." - Pedsdude