SP and MP maps

Have questions about CoD/UO mapping that aren't covered in the tutorials section? Post here!

Moderator: Core Staff

paintlax21
CJ Donator
CJ Donator

SP and MP maps

Post by paintlax21 » June 26th, 2010, 3:03 am

Is there a way to open up the SP and MP maps in Radiant?

Soviet
Core Staff
Core Staff

Re: SP and MP maps

Post by Soviet » June 26th, 2010, 8:34 am

One map is included with each Call of Duty as an example from SP and MP. I believe it is mp_dawnville for mp on cod1, I'm not sure about sp. Otherwise, I don't think there is any form of decompile tool out there, one of the reasons the maps are compiled is so you cannot open them in radiant.
ImageImageImage
"Zaitsev is a cunt." - Pedsdude

BatterY
CJ Worshipper
CJ Worshipper

Post by BatterY » June 26th, 2010, 9:15 am

I have all CoD1 decompiled stock maps on my own computer, MP + SP(im at my dads mac, duh). The problem is that the textures are f*cked up and... well, you can't compile them without deleting all triangles in the map. Every map has about 200 000+ triangles :S Anyways, i came up with something that could be solution, but its not. Just load the map, press F, and deselect show Curves. This removes something from the map, but keeps the base. I'll upload them within 6 days (should be home by then).

Uzumakibro93
CJ Newbie
CJ Newbie
PSN ID: uzumakibro93

Post by Uzumakibro93 » June 26th, 2010, 10:51 am

There are already copies of all the decompiled stock maps over at codboards (Url - http://www.codboards.com/forums/downloa ... ile&id=217)

Thank you, Kyle Mulliger aka Deadly / Uzumakibro93

I've worked until I have been driven insane. And then I kept working. The only thing I need to know is, exactly who are those people talking to me in my head? And why do they want me to kill you?