New Game Mode/Mod Idea! Programmer Needed!

Have a question you need to ask? Need help? Ask here!

Moderator: Core Staff

bennieboy777
CJ Fan
CJ Fan

Re: New Game Mode/Mod Idea! Programmer Needed!

Post by bennieboy777 » January 31st, 2010, 1:17 am

Hoogie wrote:Now i finally understand comments like this

omgosh yeah you'd be sick at mike myers, just bouncing around and on top of things like a loony

xD
Lol that basically sums it up as well. The game revolves around hiding from him, which bouncing and doing hard glitches, is very effective. It's even more fun when mm is really good at most bounces, because then you really gotta have a strategy

Pedsdude
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Pedsdude » January 31st, 2010, 3:07 am

Hoogie wrote:Now i finally understand comments like this

omgosh yeah you'd be sick at mike myers, just bouncing around and on top of things like a loony

xD
Yeah, I'd seen so many of them on CoDJumper youtube videos and not known what they were on about :P

Hoogie
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Hoogie » January 31st, 2010, 3:19 pm

Yea same
Someone posted that yesterday on one of my videos so i inmediately tough of the mod this time
Never cared to ask what they mean with it before :P
-=[[CoDJumper.com Movies]]=-
[[Ambush]] || [[Backlot]] || [[Bloc]] || [[Bog]] || [[Broadcast]] || [[Chinatown]] || [[Countdown]]
[[Crash]] || [[Creek]] || [[Crossfire]] || [[District]] || [[Downpour]] || [[Killhouse]] || [[Overgrown]]
[[Pipeline]] || [[Shipment & Wetwork]] || [[Showdown]] || [[Strike]] || [[Vacant]]

A woman can fake an orgasm, but a man can fake an entire relationship

ConnoR
CJ Worshipper
CJ Worshipper
Gamertag: conz0rz

Post by ConnoR » January 31st, 2010, 11:53 pm

Well as i said i play this on console and here are a few more things you should know:
The time limit is usualy unlimited.
If anyone who isnt mike shoots him or kills him before they are the last man, they are automaticaly on next round.
The first person to get knifed is on next round.

It would also be a good idea to remove ammo for the mod, because even when its a 1v1 at the end, its a knife v knife fight so they wouldnt need ammo

Hoogie
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Hoogie » February 1st, 2010, 1:12 pm

huh?
so if you ruin the game by shooting him you be MM
and if you last man, means you are the best survivor playing, you be MM
weird :P

But yeah on PC there will be no ammo ofc.
[[Ambush]] || [[Backlot]] || [[Bloc]] || [[Bog]] || [[Broadcast]] || [[Chinatown]] || [[Countdown]]
[[Crash]] || [[Creek]] || [[Crossfire]] || [[District]] || [[Downpour]] || [[Killhouse]] || [[Overgrown]]
[[Pipeline]] || [[Shipment & Wetwork]] || [[Showdown]] || [[Strike]] || [[Vacant]]

Infinite
PC Team
PC Team

Post by Infinite » February 1st, 2010, 2:07 pm

Been a bit busy lately between making a CoD4 frag movie along with doing chores irl, so I haven't been able to spend any time on making a beta for this, but if I have any free time in the near future, I'll mess around with it and if it turns out to be ok, I'll put a test mod up here :P.
"The beauty of a living thing is not the atoms that go into it, but the way those atoms are put together."
"A still more glorious dawn awaits- not a sun rise, but a galaxy rise. A morning filled with four hundred billion suns: the rising of The Milky Way." - Carl Sagan

[15:19] _MattyTÒ£eFarmer_: infinate
[15:19] _MattyTÒ£eFarmer_: u r smarter than me

bennieboy777
CJ Fan
CJ Fan

Post by bennieboy777 » February 1st, 2010, 9:09 pm

Infinite wrote:Been a bit busy lately between making a CoD4 frag movie along with doing chores irl, so I haven't been able to spend any time on making a beta for this, but if I have any free time in the near future, I'll mess around with it and if it turns out to be ok, I'll put a test mod up here :P.
Thanks for the effort! But i was thinking of a few creative twists to it, like god mode to mike so nobody can kill him until the last survivor is left, everyone gets 5 rpgs (for bounces, etc), nobody gets ammo, and nobody gets a knife except for mike, and give the survivors god mode, so they cant die accidentally while trying a jump.

Also, for the graphic reducing codes bound to B+3, i was thinking of having a lot of them, so that people can really reduce their graphics in order to get better fps for the jumps. I was thinking of all the same ones already used in the codjumperbeta mod, but add r_zfar 700, or disabling texture filtering(r_texfilterdisable 1).

If there is anything i missed, anyone is welcome to add on if they know the game well :D

Hoogie
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Hoogie » February 2nd, 2010, 4:11 pm

If the survivors have god mode on they can't be killed by MM either :P
I guess you mean no fall damage.

BlueDamselfly
CJ G0D!
CJ G0D!

Post by BlueDamselfly » February 2nd, 2010, 6:33 pm

Seems like a awesome idea to me, although I would probably prefer if there would be no RPG and a FPS default limit (to avoid having a MM unable to kill some people due to FPS lack).

Also perhaps giving the MM a some kind of range attack which only work on camping player would be nice, it would force people to move around rather than camping the whole round on the same spot.
Codjumper.com's Youtube! - For all your CoDJumping needs!
[18:43] The President: plus i'm downloading a map called <will obviously not quote that>
[18:43] The President: how gay is that
[18:43] Damselflies<3MyDog: almost as much as matty
[18:43] The President: nah not that much
[18:44] Damselflies<3MyDog: rofl

bennieboy777
CJ Fan
CJ Fan

Post by bennieboy777 » February 2nd, 2010, 9:24 pm

Lol i actually meant god mode, but a kinda of god mode where only mm could hurt them. Nothing else would deal them damage. And that is a good point about the fps...maybe we should just make it oldschool? and give mike extra player speed? Maybe g_speed 200 or something?

Hoogie
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Hoogie » February 2nd, 2010, 10:01 pm

No oldschool.

bennieboy777
CJ Fan
CJ Fan

Post by bennieboy777 » February 3rd, 2010, 9:28 pm

Fine. No oldschool, but that is a good point...if mm cannot get the necessary fps needed to do a jump to get to someone, what can they do? Pretty much nothing. We should let mm have either more speed, or more jump height. Or both! Let me know what you think

[SoE]_Zaitsev
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by [SoE]_Zaitsev » February 3rd, 2010, 11:24 pm

Let him be able to switch between old school or normal mode so that he can still do proper bounces.
matt101harris wrote:big cock was the first thing that came to my head lol

Hoogie
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Hoogie » February 4th, 2010, 11:56 am

Ye that might be a good idea, but just MM should have that ability.

bennieboy777
CJ Fan
CJ Fan

Post by bennieboy777 » February 5th, 2010, 2:02 am

I agree. So, we basically have the base of the mod/game mode. Who is willing to code it?