[cod2]jm_museum RELEASED

Have a jump map that we don't have on our site? Let us know!

Moderator: Core Staff

Soviet
Core Staff
Core Staff

Re: [cod2]jm_museum RELEASED

Post by Soviet » November 29th, 2009, 3:59 am

That looks really good, it makes me regret not having CoD2 installed.
ImageImageImage
"Zaitsev is a cunt." - Pedsdude

waywaaaard
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by waywaaaard » November 29th, 2009, 1:38 pm

gonna upload this to our server and we will test it
THAT HANDS WERE NOT TRACED!
visit my blog: Link
Soviet wrote:Yeah, watch out, Peds will hit you with his +5 D-Battleaxe of homosexuality :roll:

waywaaaard
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by waywaaaard » November 29th, 2009, 2:39 pm

uploaded on the server and I have to say in the beginning/spawn that's what I call good lights - this map has quality
THAT HANDS WERE NOT TRACED!
visit my blog: Link
Soviet wrote:Yeah, watch out, Peds will hit you with his +5 D-Battleaxe of homosexuality :roll:

[SoE]_Zaitsev
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by [SoE]_Zaitsev » November 29th, 2009, 4:55 pm

I like how the museum looks from the outside.
matt101harris wrote:big cock was the first thing that came to my head lol

Rezil
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Rezil » November 29th, 2009, 5:01 pm

Thanks guys, tested it on a couple of servers today, people seem to like it. :)
Drofder2004: Drofder's rules for reviewing a map
[...]
#5 If your name is Rezil, minimum 5/5.
---
<LT>YosemiteSam[NL]:
I heard somewhere that the best way to start is juggling 2 balls with one hand, so you will get a feel for it.

Pnin
CJ Fan
CJ Fan

Post by Pnin » November 29th, 2009, 10:16 pm

Hey.
I think we should say really good job to Rezil. This is the one of the best maps designed so far. We can get there really nice Louvre outside, maxed detail, I think he couldn't make it better.
So far, I haven't got time yet to test it, but sure i will soon. Ye, I just speced around bit of the map, went to disco like I usually always do, but didn't really jump. Map was absolutely freaking hard, ah nothing new from Rezil he's always doing hard maps. That's not good imo. but I was talking to him a lil bit before and he said he made the jumps easier. I hope he really did that, there aren't only pro ppl on servers... Ok I wont discuss more about that I could be here few days talking about rezil.
Damn, if that map doesn't get five stars, man I will cut my dick off.
All those guys from CJ; Soviet, Nightmare, Drofder, Peds, KS,....Where are you guys. My point is to tell that youre missing really NICE maps there in cod2. If we will continue like that, cod2 will never die. I know there is cod4,5,6 and all youre playing now atm, time's money, getting newer games... Just someday it would be fine to see you back'n'jumping in that old times.
So Rezil, good luck with your new projects so far, I know they will be awesome as usual.

[SoE]_Zaitsev
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by [SoE]_Zaitsev » November 30th, 2009, 8:15 pm

Well I personally wished I could play on some CoD2 map but I simply don't have these games installed anymore resulting in being sucky at jumping.

Looking the pictures and the author of a map usually does the trick for me.
matt101harris wrote:big cock was the first thing that came to my head lol

Luke
Past/Inactive Team Member
Past/Inactive Team Member

Post by Luke » November 30th, 2009, 11:48 pm

The exterior detail looks impressive, only i'm not sure about those giant crates! tempted to reinstall cod 2 though.
Watch this before posting a question: http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/posting.php

Rezil
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by Rezil » December 1st, 2009, 12:23 am

Luke wrote:The exterior detail looks impressive, only i'm not sure about those giant crates! tempted to reinstall cod 2 though.
Wow, praise from luke, that means a lot dude. :) Those giant crates are sort of a standard platform for jumps in most maps, because they're easy to texture and look fairly decent(most of the box textures, if not all of them come from your map, jm_castle). Well I hope I can tempt you enough with the screenies to reinstall cod2! :D

By the way, how's jm_mall coming along? ;)

Also, 'Pnin, don't waste your breath. Most people jump in cod4 now(apparent by the large ammount of servers dedicated to cod4 and next to none for cod2) and I guess you could argue that the engine is outdated, that there are new ways to jump in cod4 etc. But cod4 has that damn sprint which ruined strafe jumping for me, and is the main reason why I don't switch to 4 and instead remain on 2. Oh, and compiling for cod4 is retarded, albeit faster.

Most people on codjumper never even check this part of the forum at all. Sad really, considering there are over 200 maps for cod1 and 2.
Drofder2004: Drofder's rules for reviewing a map
[...]
#5 If your name is Rezil, minimum 5/5.
---
<LT>YosemiteSam[NL]:
I heard somewhere that the best way to start is juggling 2 balls with one hand, so you will get a feel for it.