someone help me please

Have a question you need to ask? Need help? Ask here!

Moderator: Core Staff

waywaaaard
Core Staff
Core Staff

Re: someone help me please

Post by waywaaaard » July 26th, 2009, 2:06 pm

tried to install newest driver for your graphics card maybe change the overclocking back and all to standard settings
THAT HANDS WERE NOT TRACED!
visit my blog: Link
Soviet wrote:Yeah, watch out, Peds will hit you with his +5 D-Battleaxe of homosexuality :roll:

lilmatsi95
CJ Fan
CJ Fan

Post by lilmatsi95 » July 26th, 2009, 5:32 pm

i did all that umm i guess ill just call visiontek on monday and ask them wats wrong :\

woCooM
Past/Inactive Team Member
PSN ID: Sanctifico

Post by woCooM » July 26th, 2009, 6:55 pm

From your description of what's happening, I'd say its defiantly not Vista related if anything its your Internet connection OR lack of physical memory.... it could also be graphics related, as any fps lag will also affect your in game MS.

Media players Buffer the next 30-60seconds of audio, so you wouldent notice any stuttering, even if they are struggling.

Anyway a few things that may help with the spikes.

1. Download and install the latest drivers for your GFX card [DONE]

2. Defrag your hard disk drives.

3. Close un-needed services like Aero and Dream scene, and any Itunes/media type programs (use a low memory player like win amp or Foobar2000)

4. If possible try connecting directly into your modem for a short while and see if the problem persists (this will prove that the error is not in your Router (but wont help determine actual connection issues with the ISP.))

5. Lower your graphical settings on CoD4, and try not using HQ streams on Youtube?

If after doing that you;r still experiencing problems, its either lack of system resources (vista uses much more than xp) or a problem with your connection.
Some People Look Back on WWII, I LIVE IT!
Для Матb россия!

lilmatsi95
CJ Fan
CJ Fan

Post by lilmatsi95 » July 26th, 2009, 9:17 pm

well i have heard that aero does take a lot of graphics so ill try disabling aero see if its fixed i did defrag...it has nothing to do with internet because i used to play runescape type stuff no problem before i updated graphics card so im guessing it is graphics related

woCooM

Post by woCooM » July 27th, 2009, 12:45 am

lilmatsi95 wrote:it has nothing to do with internet because i used to play runescape type stuff no problem
That means nothing to be honest, just because rune-scape or wow worked, doesn't mean that higher bandwidth stuff like COD4 and YouTube will work fine too.

It could quite simply be that your not able to send/recieve the data from the server fast enough... What speed connection do you have?
lilmatsi95 wrote:before i updated graphics card so im guessing it is graphics related
You could turn your detail settings down, or press B on a server and disable all the options that come up in the mini menu, this will reduce the detail but may help if it is a gfx issue.
Для Матb россия!

lilmatsi95
CJ Fan
CJ Fan

Post by lilmatsi95 » July 27th, 2009, 3:47 pm

i guess u didnt read what i said before..before i updated my graphics card i used to play runescape without any problem

lilmatsi95
CJ Fan
CJ Fan

Post by lilmatsi95 » July 27th, 2009, 4:08 pm

i found the cause it was sumin i was running called ram idle it dont lagg now that i closed it

woCooM

Post by woCooM » July 27th, 2009, 9:38 pm

lilmatsi95 wrote:i guess u didnt read what i said before..before i updated my graphics card i used to play runescape without any problem
Runescape is LOW res with LOW graphics requirements, and can be run on a smartphone with the right mods.

CoD4, uses DX9 and at minimum settings requires a graphics cars with 128MB of ram, and that with it in 640x480 or 800x600 resolution and everything off.

If you had said "I played Crysis with everything on max at 1080p" I would have taken note, but Runescape is not a valid comparison graphically to CoD4.
Для Матb россия!