PJ_AirStrip

Have a jump map that we don't have on our site? Let us know!

Moderator: Core Staff

Chucky.
CJ Fan
CJ Fan

PJ_AirStrip

Post by Chucky. » June 21st, 2012, 6:56 pm

Hey all, I've posted this in >>Post your completed maps here<< also, I'm not sure if that's okay.

I recently created a map which didn't go down well here on these forums. I understand why, and I've tried my hardest too improve on those ugly mistakes. I know this next map wont get a "WOW, you're amazing" response, I just want too know if and why I've improved since the first map mp_pj_intelligence. If you don't like it for any reason, please explain why so I can try & improve. It isn't really a themed map, I just edited my last map, added an easy entrance, few adjustments, made hard a little easier, taken off the ugly blue lighting etc.

Map name: mp_pj_airstrip
Author: PJ|Chucky!
Download link: http://projumperz.us/wp-content/uploads ... rstrip.zip
Screenshot link:
http://projumperz.us/wp-content/uploads ... ot0000.jpg
http://projumperz.us/wp-content/uploads ... ot0001.jpg
http://projumperz.us/wp-content/uploads ... ot0002.jpg

Game (& old school?): CJ - Old School (easy mode is possible none OS).
Description of your map: It's under an airstrip building, it has custom textures and big bounces. I don't recommend doing the hard way if you're new.

x0ozero0x
PS3 Team
PS3 Team
PSN ID: x0ozero0x

Re: PJ_AirStrip

Post by x0ozero0x » June 21st, 2012, 7:47 pm

Well after testing out the easy path on non old school when it got to the first rpg strafe i think it is to far :roll:
Mapping wise it is an improvement over your previous map as well as an improvement over the earlier version you posted in the other thread. You fixed the odd lighting apart from in the first room which makes it seem a tad out of place :P The map reminds me of the first room in mp_crazy_jump.
You have used some rock face textures for the each of the platforms, but now try and make the platforms different shapes. Instead of having just rectangular platforms try and make them look more natural like an outcrop on the side of a mountain. Once you get used to this maybe you can move away from building within a box room.

Chucky.
CJ Fan
CJ Fan

Post by Chucky. » June 21st, 2012, 7:57 pm

x0ozero0x wrote:Well after testing out the easy path on non old school when it got to the first rpg strafe i think it is to far :roll:
Mapping wise it is an improvement over your previous map as well as an improvement over the earlier version you posted in the other thread. You fixed the odd lighting apart from in the first room which makes it seem a tad out of place :P The map reminds me of the first room in mp_crazy_jump.
You have used some rock face textures for the each of the platforms, but now try and make the platforms different shapes. Instead of having just rectangular platforms try and make them look more natural like an outcrop on the side of a mountain. Once you get used to this maybe you can move away from building within a box room.
Thank you. The easy path is rock solid in non OS but it's do able. I'm glad it's an improvement and yes, I know what you mean about the platforms. I want too learn how to make moving objects i.e bounces, walls, helicopters, rain, water, jets, people etc. Once I learn that stuff, I think personally I could make a nice themed map. I want too make an undreground map, like in a cave as such but I want too be able too make it look like a broken down cave where you can actually see the walls falling too peices, a bridge moving maybe....but I don't know how to make objects move yet. I wont be releasing another map until I learn stuff like that anyways, going too spend a little more time on it if I can. Anyways, thanks for your advise, I certainly will try & improve =)

The Unknown
CJ Wannabe
CJ Wannabe

Post by The Unknown » June 22nd, 2012, 2:33 am

your map looks pretty simple...but then again most simple looking maps are a challenge.

Vartazian
CJ Worshipper
CJ Worshipper

Post by Vartazian » June 22nd, 2012, 3:54 am

this is miles better than your first map. The difficulty is surprising actually. I would put it with the difficulty of mp_tower, but shorter. Only 2 things i can say: 1. Add reflection probes so the map doesnt look all red with specular map on: as some of us play on max settings. 2. Make it say "Finish" at the end. I didnt even know i was done at the top where it said pj chucky.

Chucky.
CJ Fan
CJ Fan

Post by Chucky. » June 22nd, 2012, 5:12 am

Vartazian wrote:this is miles better than your first map. The difficulty is surprising actually. I would put it with the difficulty of mp_tower, but shorter. Only 2 things i can say: 1. Add reflection probes so the map doesnt look all red with specular map on: as some of us play on max settings. 2. Make it say "Finish" at the end. I didnt even know i was done at the top where it said pj chucky.
Thank you. I thought I added enough reflection probes, maybe not I'll add some more and re-upload. I will also change it too Finish instead of pj chucky. Thanks for your input though, really appreciate it.

Badeendnl
CJ Fan
CJ Fan

Post by Badeendnl » June 22nd, 2012, 6:43 am

Totally agrees on what vartazian said, the only real big - is that it is os for me;). The airstrike looks really good btw

Goro92
CJ Spammer!
CJ Spammer!

Post by Goro92 » June 22nd, 2012, 3:21 pm

Vartazian wrote:this is miles better than your first map.

The Unknown
CJ Wannabe
CJ Wannabe

Post by The Unknown » June 22nd, 2012, 4:10 pm

yea the oldschool really kills... but otherwise its a nice map.

[SoE]_Zaitsev
Core Staff
Core Staff

Post by [SoE]_Zaitsev » June 22nd, 2012, 8:14 pm

Next step! Badass natural looking map, gogo! :D
matt101harris wrote:big cock was the first thing that came to my head lol

Chucky.
CJ Fan
CJ Fan

Post by Chucky. » June 22nd, 2012, 8:30 pm

Lol, thanks guys for your support and opinions, I really appreciate it. I will make sure my naxt map is natural, fun, themed and difficult.

scott
CJ Worshipper
CJ Worshipper

Post by scott » June 24th, 2012, 11:13 pm

Damn I spent like 10 mins trying hard way then I realised it was OS fml XD
Check out my YouTube channel - http://www.youtube.com/user/CodGlitchesHD

Chucky.
CJ Fan
CJ Fan

Post by Chucky. » June 25th, 2012, 2:22 am

scott wrote:Damn I spent like 10 mins trying hard way then I realised it was OS fml XD
Lol, unlucky =)